JohnHinerman

directed security question - installers please look

Don't really see a security section, but I just had a quick question regarding Directed units that feaure the dual stage impact sensor that is an internal part of the main unit. I used to mount external impact sensors to the steering column shaft. I always seemed to have good results with the sensitivity there.

Anyway, the new units that are all integeral, state in the install manual "since the shock sensor does not work well when mounted firmly to metal, we recommend against screwing down the control module"

So how and where is the best place to mount to control module? I just installed one top of the line 2 way unit earlier with zip ties to part of the metal dash bracing, and even with the sensitivty al the way up, you really have to pound hard on te vehcile to get any response. I also installed another basic 1 way unit this afternoon on a dodge, and used double sided tape to attach the control module under the dash. On high sensitivty it is working better than the first unit, but t seems like I should be able to get more sensitivity out of it.

Soooooo, any installers out there have any exerience with this units, and tips or advice?

Thanks!

Dei has always recommended zip tying shock sensors to a wiring harness.

Hmmm...just seems weird zip tieing the entire unit to a wiring harness, but I guess its worth a shot.

Dei has always recommended zip tying shock sensors to a wiring harness.

that's how I've always done it and had good results