emh9009

CRX part deux with Gcons

I'm in the process of completely changing the crx's build so I decided to start a new build log. The old one can be found here:

http://www.soundsolu...1-honda-crx-si/

The last thing I did in the build was add the new second amp rack with the LEDs under both amps (which I have yet to get a decent photo of, Sefugi). From there I was just so used to everything and was starting to compete in some comps and with a local in town. First thing that needed to be done was a new front stage, again. Pre ordered the Sundown Audio Neo Pro 6.5" mids with some infinity tweets. Found a great deal on an Alpine 9887 and grabbed that up quick.

Before:

dscf3309g.jpg

After:

dscf3310fb.jpg

Before:

dscf2988.jpg

After:

neopro005.jpg

Edited by watts09

After that I changed all the speaker wire out, added a negative run from from battery to rear, added another 2 powerware batteries in the back for a total of 3 in the back and one similar sized XS in front.

Welding cable 1/0 for negative and Knu OFC for +

dscf3311z.jpg

dscf3313v.jpg

dscf3260f.jpg

dscf3312o.jpg

Was never happy with the "pods" that I made a year or so ago. Finally decided to make some real ones real quick just to see how hard it is to do. It's really not, just takes some time.

Mats from local auto shop. Along with this stuff I just used some cut up speaker grill cloth as my "glass". Stretched nicely and was held a lot of resin.

pods007.jpg

Starting a base layer

mids005.jpg

Making the skeleton

pods009.jpg

How it looking in the car (making sure it fit and was aimed correctly)

pods011.jpg

Because I was in a rush and didn't really care about the final product I didn't take much time to make these look nice. I just wanted to test the waters of working with resin really. I only put about 2 layers on everything, but I'm fairly happy with them. If I took another day or so on them I think they would have been even better. Don't like the wavey edges, but those are on the bottom so you can't see them while sitting in the car anyways.

2012-05-09133025.jpg

2012-05-09133051.jpg

2012-05-09165653.jpg

2012-05-09165659.jpg

2012-05-09165735.jpg

2012-05-09165726.jpg

The tweeters that I got. Already blew one up from playing with xover points too low. Lessoned learned.

build001.jpg

Replaced the wire in the sub box as well. I wanted longer runs to be able to zip tie them to the bracing to prevent it all from dangling around in there. Got some home theater cable I found. Axiom. It's really nice, kinda' spendy, but then again it's OFC so I'm happy with it.

530003.jpg

530001.jpg

I was one of the first people to order Gcons. Took a little over a month to get them, but the wait was well worth it!

Fiday X 12s hanging out waiting for the Gcons to arrive

530002.jpg

530004.jpg

530005.jpg

530006.jpg

530007.jpg

530008.jpg

530009.jpg

530010.jpg

530011.jpg

530012.jpg

530013.jpg

After getting this all installed I lost a channel on the 100.4 so I'm only able to run 1 tweet with the other one broken anyways. Started having some real alt belt slip issues. The 3 ribbed belt wasn't cutting it at all. Did some research and found out that some new civics had 4 ribs on their belts. Found a D16y8 crankshaft pulley for sale and ordered that.

530031.jpg

530109.jpg

As soon as that was put on my problems have gone out the window. I've had to tighten the alt once since then, but it was well worth the money to upgrade. Along with all of this i now have about 1/4" to 1/2" of play on my adjustment bracket, which I didn't have before somehow. Win-win.

Next up is a little facelift for the CRX. Ordered some rims and have the tires on order as well. Should have everything in within a week! After that my bottleneck right now is my power supply. I'm on the market to replace my 1500 with a sundown 3k without breaking the bank. If you have one, or know of one for sale send me a PM. Possibility of building a new box, but that's not much of a concern right now. I'll update with some pictures when I get the wheels on!

Hell yeah bro!

Nice start! I love all the progress you have made so far, keep it up.

Awesome dude, love everything I'm seeing. So even with a "bottleneck" in power and a blown channel on the 100.4, how are the GCON's performing?

nice door pods!!... wanna make me some :D

nice!!!

Hell yeah bro!

Nice start! I love all the progress you have made so far, keep it up.

Thanks, man. Appreciate it.

Nice work. I like belt slip fix

You're not the only one who likes belt slip fix, I was to the point of selling my car because I was so done with trying to fix it.

Awesome dude, love everything I'm seeing. So even with a "bottleneck" in power and a blown channel on the 100.4, how are the GCON's performing?

Thanks. I'm loving the Gcons. Did my first mini hairtrick last night! Was pretty sweet, but should be even better with double this power!

nice door pods!!... wanna make me some biggrin.png

Thanks! It was actually really fun making them, you should do try it! I would actually like to make another set to see what all I can improve on.

nice!!!

Thank you, sir!

looks good man. nice job on the door pods.

Looking great! :)

How do you like those Neopro speakers ?

And of course the gcons ? great improvments over the Fi X ?

I have some saz -1500s for sale

Lookin' good trink40.gif

Got some rims, nice face-lift! IMHO

rims006.jpg

rims007.jpg

rims009.jpg

looks good man. nice job on the door pods.

Thanks. Appreciate the pod compliment!

Awesome install Sir ...

Thank you!

Looking great! smile.png

Should look a bit better with a nice big amp in there!

How do you like those Neopro speakers ?

And of course the gcons ? great improvments over the Fi X ?

NeoPros are AWESOME! Nothing but good things to say about them. If you're looking for some speakers I highly encourage a look at them. Of course the Gcons are kicking ass, even on low power :)

I have some saz -1500s for sale

I'll have one for sale as well ;)

Lookin' good trink40.gif

Thank you trink40.gif

Car looks nice and clean!

Car is actually really dirty. Could use a nice wash and vacum!

Here is a video I had a friend film right after installing the Gcons. I did a little hair trick the other night, need to get a video of what these things can do off of rated 1500 watts!