Jaker89

Death Penalty 18s

DD-1s have been tested a few times by locals with scopes and they're damn near spot on..... That being said, most of the retards having issues with using DD-1s is from them using -10 to -15db tones.

This being said, no matter what, you won't know you're output voltage from the amps...

Out of curiosity are you the one selling the DP's on ****?

Yep. We tested the other death penalty and it works just fine.

I'd still like to see pics. Something else gave way first before that sub bottomed out i can assure you. And the subwoofer is not the reason you are breaking stuff....this will continue to happen with any speaker you install....I'm not trying to convince you to keep running dp's if you aren't happy with them, but trying to get you to look deeper than just the surface to fix your problem.

Why is there no sign on the coil of any bottoming out(just the rub mark on the inside)? And why is the other sub in perfect working condition?

I posted pics a few posts up! Linked from my photobucket in post #22

wat was yur voltage while burping them?, i have 2 dp 21's on 2 dc 5k's at .5ohm each nd they handle it fine for daily wen keeping my voltage above 13.4

dropping to 12.7

dropping to 12.7

really, thts not too bad at all then, are yu sure the amps werent clipping bad

Clipping, Battery Voltage and gain settings have absolutely nothing in the remotest way to do with what happened...

Something whacked into something and broke something...

The coil hit the pole piece multiple times clearly cuz the scratch in the pic isnt just from one rub.

I'm not looking for free stuff with this thread. Im just trying to show that clearly there was coil rub(look at the pole piece and see the rub mark). That is not a user error. And I was do warranty on it as stated on the IA website(since it is a manufacturing defect)

Good luck, I hope you get this sorted out...