Angelboy863

Static noise from speaker on right side of car.

Hi guys I'm in a little trouble, well my friend is and he's relying on me to fix it.

The car is a 98 civic coupe.

He has Rockford fosgate t1 components in stock locations (door and pillar) powered by a rockford two channel (not sure what model I think it's the power series)

They have sounded great but now he says that on the right side of the car he can hear a static-like noise from the speakers at low volume. Can't hear at high volume (because music overpowers the static, but when turntable down the static is heard. I've done everything to my knowledge to try and troubleshoot. I checked the speaker wires, all good and secure. The wires are running to the amp safely. I switched the channels to see if static would now come from left side, nope still right side. I played some songs from a album (drake - take care) to kind of make sure his audio tracks aren't what is messing it up, and noise is still there. I checked gains, eq, filters, etc. everything seems to be good. I asked if maybe he overpowered them but he said no he hasn't gone over max listening volume and amp is tuned with dmm. It's only the right side speakers that's making the static. It got late so I told him I'll do some research and I'm helping him out tomorrow. I've done research and I think I'm going to change out some speaker wires and the RCAs bit that's all I can come up with. Any thoughts? I appreciate the help, let's keep this audio thang goin!

EDIT: they are actually the t2 components and powered by the Rockford t400.2

Edited by Angelboy863

Never mind then.

, well my friend is and he's relying on me to fix it.

oh nos hes falked fo sho!

Could be outputs/inputs of the amp. One side could be going bad. Swap out another amp to see if it will fix it.

Could be outputs/inputs of the amp. One side could be going bad. Swap out another amp to see if it will fix it.

Thank you. Will try that out tomorrow.