So here is my situation, I am looking for a single 12 setup to put into my vehicle I listen to mainly hip hop I want to get the louder of the 2. This is mainly just so I can get something cheap to put in my beater for my last year of my tour in Korea I have been trying to wait it out to get subs for when I get back to the states but it's driving me nuts lol, I am trying to keep the cost of the subwoofer to under 200 and also what amp would you recommend for either 1 for around 200 thanks in advance for any help

Louder will depend more on the enclosure. What do you have for power?

I have not yet ordered the amp as I was trying to decide on witch sub to go with first and as for the enclosure I was gonna try around 2 cubes tuned to about 32-34 hertz

Personally I'd rather own the Gcon.

You will get a lot of people picking the Gcon over the SA-12, does it mean it will be louder no. Honestly there is no way to tell which will be louder in your setup unless you buy both subs and test them out.

I would say flip a coin and call it a day

Chances that you will hear a noticeable difference in output on equal power is slim. They are both good subs but personally I would also rather get the GCON.

Personally I'd rather own the Gcon.

Why do you say this?

In the box you describe the Gcon will have a nicer response and be as loud if not louder across the board; however the difference really will be minimal to the ear. My expectations noting where they are built that it is more likely for the Gcon to be more consistent from unit to unit as well. I have no issue with the build quality of the Sundown, but my bias is logical based on manufacturing location. In it's price class the Gcon is a great driver, in particular for the box that you are planning on making.

Add to that the hardwork that Aaron and Mark put into making this site available to all and I think it's a no brainer.

Both companies offer a great product and excellent customer service.

Based on manufacturer recommendations you will be able to use the SA-12 in smaller enclosures than the 12" gcon.

SA-12 1.5-2.0^3ft @ 35hz.

GCON optimal 2.5-3.0^3ft @ 28-33hz.

You said you wanted to run 2.0^3ft tuned to ~35hz, the SA-12 fits the your design goals. There are literally hundreds of installs out there with SA subs hitting high numbers (you said you want loud). They are a proven performer.

Instead of just choosing a volume and tuning, if you go with a BB4 alignment (basic boom box with a peak inresponce close to rolloff) with minimum group delay the two sub's would model as followed. ASSuming posted specs are correct

Sa-12

.95 cubic feet

33.71 hz tuning

30.02 hz f3

Gcon

2.19 cubic feet

31.5 hz tuning

27.72 hz f3

Never used a Gcon. But I'm sure SSA subs are good quality since they're made by the same company that made my BTL's

I do have hands with SA12's and I can tell you without a doubt its a great sub for the money.

Sundown is built in bulk overseas and ssa is built as ordered in the US

Is there any reason the gcon takes up to 21 business days to build whereas the sundown doesn't show any

After you place the order with SSA your driver is hand built by a smaller sized operation in Las Vegas, NV.

Sundown's SA series are built in more mass quantities at a large buildhouse in China, so Sundown/dealers have stock on hand.

So what amp would you recommend in the $200 range for these subs and why was looking at the aq 750, hifonics Brutus 1200,

An American Bass HD1500 would work well for them.

I have never heard anything about American bass amps except for the ads in pas mag anybody have personal experience to show

I have never heard anything about American bass amps except for the ads in pas mag anybody have personal experience to show

I have an American Bass VFL-450.1 I will be swapping out my DD M3a soon. From my experience so far the customer service is great, shipping was fast and the amp is beastly

I have not heard of issues with American Bass amps. They are known for making rated power.

So i just ordered 1 sa 12 and the hifonics brz1200.1d can't wait til I get it this I'm wondering how this will stack up to my last setup of 2 12 inch kicker l5s with an alpine mrp600

So just got some bad news ssa doesn't ship to my area so I'll have to wait Gil next summer when I get back to the states to get some equipment I'm kinda bummed about it tho I was looking forward to getting THE sa 12, but I still got the amp on the way so idk exactly wet I'm gonna do, I'll probably order the new alpine type r from the site I got the amp an call it a day

You are just not in our territory for sundown. But I'm pretty sure we can ship our Gcon to you.

So just got some bad news ssa doesn't ship to my area so I'll have to wait Gil next summer when I get back to the states to get some equipment I'm kinda bummed about it tho I was looking forward to getting THE sa 12, but I still got the amp on the way so idk exactly wet I'm gonna do, I'll probably order the new alpine type r from the site I got the amp an call it a day

Check out http://www.carstereogiant.com/ for Sundown products. I ordered two Z.3 15" there. Customer service was good and shipping was fast.

does anyone know the magnet diameter on the goons?