Hey everbody since my icon doesn't work any more i was looking for a new sub and i was kinda stuck between the xcon 12 or a bl 12 fully loaded and was wondering which would be louder. sq doesnt matter much but its a plus and right now, im leaning towards the xcon because of how much i loved the icon and i was looking for some suggestions.

Ive asked around a little bit amd ot sounds like the coil is venting thru rhe dust cap but im not real sure of this os the problem.

Ive asked around a little bit amd ot sounds like the coil is venting thru rhe dust cap but im not real sure of this os the problem.

Fix your ICON man. It shouldn't be hard, and you won't see a big difference in output by changing unless you plan on more power.

I planned on fixing the icon later and selling it and upgraging my amp and electrical.

Good plan!

Depends on your definition of loud. I'm sure you'd love the Xcon though.

Xcons are pretty amazing subs... No experience with BL though... Nice thing about Xcon is sealed CAN be use... BL is recommended ported only...

Fix your ICON man. It shouldn't be hard, and you won't see a big difference in output by changing unless you plan on more power.

I must disagree.

I had an Icon 15" on a saz 1000 (1000watts rms) that I changed for an Xcon 15"in the same box : big change, no regret at all. and I loved the Icon !

You will love the Xcon even more. Don't need to upgrade anything. You can do it, but it's not a must.

Very cool!

I must disagree.

I had an Icon 15" on a saz 1000 (1000watts rms) that I changed for an Xcon 15"in the same box : big change, no regret at all. and I loved the Icon !

You will love the Xcon even more. Don't need to upgrade anything. You can do it, but it's not a must.

What did you notice? Just curious as I've never used an ICON and XCON in the same setup,