MirageMobile

KX600.1 and 10" SSD pairing

Ive got a Kicker KX600.1 that I'd like to pair with a 10" SSD to avoid purchasing another amp.

The amp specs are RMS Power at 2 Ohms 600 W x 1 RMS Power at 4 Ohms 300 W x 1

Opinions on this vs getting something for the 1000rms rating of the 10" SSD

Run it. 1000w won't be audibly different to you. Definitely would make a difference, just not big enough to bother with. The box will have a bigger impact.

Ive got a Kicker KX600.1 that I'd like to pair with a 10" SSD to avoid purchasing another amp.

The amp specs are RMS Power at 2 Ohms 600 W x 1 RMS Power at 4 Ohms 300 W x 1

Opinions on this vs getting something for the 1000rms rating of the 10" SSD

As was already said that will work just fine.

Ok great. Thanks for the advice.

If you guys have anymore to give, here is a link to the 0.5 cubic ft sealed box I am considering. http://www.cherokeef...by-10-a-120210/

I feel the size should be ok, given these stats...

"Enclosures: SSD 10 – We recommend using a sealed box in the neighborhood of .2-.6 cubic feet of volume (after all displacements for those wondering)."

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/7156-ssd-enclosure-recommendations/

My goal is to save space in the back of my cherokee and this guy builds custom boxes. He used a Sundown e10 in his personal system and felt the 10" ssd would be great.

His price is ~$230 for the custom enclosure (seems high but with my goal to keep the cargo area open, and the fact that I've never build an enclosure it might be worth it).

Edited by MirageMobile

make sure you double check the mounting depth. additionally i believe you need extra clearance between the magnet/motor and rear of the box so that the motor can vent air through the pole vent if the SSD has one.

personally i would build my own box. you could buy your own tools and materials for the prices of buying the box.

Edited by lithium