• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By mjay2k
      Hello! This is my first post here. Crossing my fingers that I'm not breaking any forum rules. I have a 12 inch GCON ordered and the wait is killing me already. I've already purchased an amp and box for this sub and I'd like to have any willing opinions on my choices. 

The amp:
      http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43132_Hifonics-GLX1800.1D.html

The enclosure:
      http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19279_Belva-Sub-Box-1SV12B-Belva.html

A few questions:
      How did I do? Will this pound like crazy?  How much impact will my smaller than suggest enclosure have on the sound? Ported good? How should I wire this beast-sub to this amp? (I'm thinking just running it at 650w @ 4ohms to avoid problems with the following...) Will I need to upgrade my factory wiring in my ride? My battery? My alternator? If I did wire it for 1200w @ 2ohms would this be bad for the sub? (considering I don't roll around pounding at super high volume levels, plus the gain would probably be turned down in this scenario)  It's going to be a long wait for this puppy. I'm fairly certain (hopeful) this will be the best system I've ever owned. A couple a months ago my humble 300w amp and single 12" infinity sub was stolen. My wife gave me a 500 budget to replace it with our tax money.. yea.. $490 spent so far, honey!

Thanks for your feedback and thoughts my fellow bass-lovers.

Edit: Oh I forgot one more question! My car currently has a 4 gauge power wired to the trunk. I think if I wire it for 4 ohms I'll be safe right? What would happen if I wired it for 2 ohms?  
    • By handman84
      Have a 12" GCON in a sealed box. It sounds great but I am wanting more and I know the sub will give it to me if I can put it in the right enclosure. I used the ICON enclosure design for the sealed box it is in now, would the ICON ported design work well for the GCON as well? It falls into the optimal range, 2.5f^3 tuned to 33hz. It is a 2 ohm sub with 500 watts powering it in the trunk of a '96 accord. I have about 32" x 20" x 18" to work with. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a ported box design that will work well with the GCON?
    • By handman84
      Have a 12" GCON in a sealed box. It sounds great but I am wanting more and I know the sub will give it to me if I can put it in the right enclosure. I used the ICON enclosure design for the sealed box it is in now, would the ICON ported design work well for the GCON as well? It falls into the optimal range, 2.5f^3 tuned to 33hz. It is a 2 ohm sub with 500 watts powering it in the trunk of a '96 accord. I have about 32" x 20" x 18" to work with. Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a ported box design that will work well with the GCON?
    • By Kaschan
      I'm still waiting for the GCON 10-D2 to actually arrive, but figured I'd take the time to look for a amp to power this beast now. It will be in a sealed box, in a saturn ion 2003. Looking to present a 1ohm load at amplifier, since I'm assuming that power at 4ohms is asking too much for my budget. No HO alt, or big 3 done yet, assuming it won't be needed yet though.
      I was mostly wondering if I'd need to feed it the full 750w, or if I could get by with less, near the 500w level? Just wondering as my budget is a bit tight currently, and I was hoping to grab the amp for under $150.
      Given what I've listed, would any of these amps work well, or are there others I should be considering? All listed are CEA-2006 compliant, so I'm assuming they all do rated.
      1. Concept CC-D1200 (Apparently 750W @ 1ohm stable, manufacturer refurb, so not new)
      2. Massive Audio N2 (800w @ 1ohm)
      3. PPI BK650.1D (650w @ 1ohm)
      4. Hifonics GLX1000.1D (1000w @ 1ohm)
      5. MB Quart ONX1.1000D (1000w @ 1ohm)
      Thanks for taking the time to look, hoping I get some great feedback!
  • Recent YouTube Posts