So I finished installing my 2 12" GCONS/Kicker ZX1000.1/LC2i/DC-Creations Sealed Enclosure into my 2012 GLI and I have a couple of questions for some of you more experienced guys.

My car had a factory subwoofer (fender audio system) so I tapped into the subwoofer speaker wires for the line-out signal. The low frequency bass sounds GREAT but the higher frequencies are weak, almost like they're dropping off. Since the factory subwoofer was hitting all these higher bass notes before I disconnected it, the factory head unit/amp MUST be sending the full range signal back to the input of the LC2i, no? I can't figure out why I'm not hitting the full range of bass.

Current Settings:

Head Unit Settings:

Bass: -5 (-9 to +9 Range)

Mid-Range: 0 (-9 to +9 Range)

Treble: +2 (-9 to +9 Range)

ZX1000.1 Settings:

Gain: just under half way up

Bass Boost: 0 db

Fixed 25hz Subsonic

Low-Pass filter: all the way up @ 200hz - shouldn't a pair of 12s in a sealed enclosure be able to hit this?

LC2i Settings

Threshold: 3/4 of the way up

AccuBass: 1/2 way up

Bass: 1/8 - 1/4 of the way up

Main: All the way down (this is for if you want to run set of door speakers)

Any Ideas?

By the way - I just ran the GCONs pretty hard for 2 hours, HARDLY warm. Same with the Kicker Amp. And with this being my 1st sealed set-up, I'm actually really impressed with the loudness. Well done DC & SSA. Full review and videos to come, once I get everything dialed in.

I have no idea what size enclosure you have them in.

That being said, you are expecting them to play 200hz? I doubt it. Maybe a woofer but not a subwoofer. I wouldn't expect much more than twice Fs. I'd imagine rolloff much sooner than that.

I have no idea what size enclosure you have them in.

That being said, you are expecting them to play 200hz? I doubt it. Maybe a woofer but not a subwoofer. I wouldn't expect much more than twice Fs. I'd imagine rolloff much sooner than that.

Fs really has nothing to do with high frequency response. That's based on inductance and Re.

As for the OP: Without being there to hear it, it's hard to give any real guesses. The Gcon was likely not designed for performing up to 200hz, so there's no guaranty that it's going to play that high. Without knowing the inductance I can't really tell you exactly where the driver is going to roll off, though. It's also possible that it's more psycho-acoustical in nature.....i.e. the low end response is exaggerated which makes the high frequencies seem less prevalent. I wouldn't really suggest using subs up to 200hz anyways. My best suggestion would be to lower the lowpass to something reasonable and upgrade your front speakers to improve the midbass performance.

I understand what you're saying but I still think there is something going on with the LC2i. I also should have mentioned: when I start a song, there is a slight delay around a 1/2 - 1 seconds until the bass starts to hit. It will sound like I don't have a subwoofer... a half of a second later, you bass kicks in... From what point forward though, everything is good. Not really sure why.

I ran a remote turn-on wire for the LCO but I suppose its possible that I still have it set for "GTO Mode" (Great Turn On - Signal Sensing Turn-On)

OK I figured it out - I never switched the jumper from "Enable GTO" to "Bypass". After doing that, all is well. The remote turn-on wire is now fully functional.

I also reset the low-pass filter to around 120-140hz which seems to sound better. I think you guys will be impressed with the sound quality and loudness of this system. Especially since I'm running the factory door speakers and head-unit.

Did you set up the LC2i according to the manual? I have one but haven't set it up yet...

The manual leaves a lot to be desired. Here are a few things that I've learned by messing around with it..

1) Run your bass or subwoofer level adjustment almost all the way down on your head-unit. I have mine @ -7 right now and it seems to be working well ( Range of -9 to +9). When I went any higher than that, the LC2i would cut in and out.

2) Definitely run the threshold about all the way up, with the AccuBass around half way.

3) The manual tells you to run the volume up until the factory bass rolls off; mine didn't roll off at all, and those Threshold & AccuBass settings still helped me out a lot.

4) The Bass knob is very sensitive, be careful with that. Mine is almost all the way down. I think it is essentially another gain or bass boost adjustment. I'd much rather use the gain on my amp.

5) The Main level adjustment does nothing unless you're running a highs amp from the LC2i. Leave it down.

6) Run a remote turn-on. Don't rely on the GTO Auto-Sensing crap; be sure to move that jumper to Bypass too.

Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck