ricksi30

Rick's build log

I figured it was time to start a build log as I'm hoping this setup will stay in my car for a bit. Over the past year I have changed setups more times than I can count. I have yet to be completely happy with my system as a whole, so I sold everything aside from my Pioneer 880, and decided to start from scratch. My main goal is to have a system that sounds good to me with the ability to get fairly loud for when I'm in the mood. This will most likely take at least a month to complete as I still need to decide what subs to go with, then add build time. I should have some pics of the gear, and progress pics up by tomorrow. So far I have purchased the following:

Head unit: Pioneer p880 prs

Components: Alpine SPX-17PRO

Front Stage Amp: Boston Acoustics GT 2125

Sub woofer amp: Planet Audio BB1400.1 (Might change it but couldn't pass up the deal I got on it)

Sub woofers:Throwing around a lot of ideas but will most likely be GCON's (Size/Quantity still up in the air)

Electrical: Stock 125 amp alt, Diehard platinum G34 under the hood, and Kinetik HC2000

Gcons kick some ass! Look forward to see if you go with them or not!

:NeedPics:

lol good to see you starting a build log :D

BUT

:ttiwwop:

I'll get some up tonight. Nothing too photo worthy yet! Keep in mind this will be a nice sounding DD under 2000 RMS that I'm going to enter in the lowest SPL class I can get away with. Mainly just entering for fun and to showoff SSA but I'm sure I can hold my own in the lower power classes. smile.png

Think efficiency!

haha its all good... as long as their is pictures were happy :)

A few pics of the components

2012-07-17185935.jpg

2012-07-17185946.jpg

Some neo in the rear

2012-07-17190017.jpg

I HATE spade terminals so I was pleasantly surprised to see the option of using an allen set screw instead.

2012-07-17190040.jpg

Front stage amp

2012-07-17190136.jpg

2012-07-17190318.jpg

2012-07-17190347.jpg

2012-07-17190407.jpg

Lookin Good !!

i hate spade terminals too... nice to see those allen head terminals :)

Lookin Good !!

i hate spade terminals too... nice to see those allen head terminals smile.png

Thanks! I have a couple more packages coming in tomorrow. Between tomorrow and Thursday I should have the front stage done.

Looking good. Off to a great start with the front stage. Have you decided on your sub stage?

Looking good. Off to a great start with the front stage. Have you decided on your sub stage?

Thanks! Not yet, still either multiple GCON's or a single XCON 18. I'm going to build the enclosure before I order the subs to make sure I can make it happen. Either setup will be ported firing into the cabin sealed off from the trunk.

id say do 2, 12 or 15 gcons > 18 xcon

I wish i woulda known about gcons and zcons before i bought my subs...

id say do 2, 12 or 15 gcons > 18 xcon

Yeah two 15's is what I really want to do, I'm just not sure if I am willing to commit to it. I'll have to port through my rear deck, which will require a bit of modification.

Couple pics from under the hood

2012-07-18000352.jpg

My fancy crutch hood prop...I have a matching one for my trunk that I'll show later. Thank god I broke my leg, or I'd have to spring for some new shocks. ;)

2012-07-18000408.jpg

2012-07-18000418.jpg

Can't see your pics. Am I the only one ?

It tells me "Posted Image" and that's all.

Never heared the Gcon, but I can tell you the Xcons are really nice sounding and powerful subs.

I like to run simple setups, with only one sub. So the 18" Xcon would be my choice.

Good luck.

Rick, which Infiniti model do you have?

Can't see the pictures either. I will check the topic again later today at home.

i can see the pics perfectly fine. Them terminals on the speakers look oh so sexy!

Can't see the pictures either. I will check the topic again later today at home.

i can see the pics perfectly fine. Them terminals on the speakers look oh so sexy!

Pics showing good for me ...

Rick, which Infiniti model do you have?

96 Infiniti I30

I'm at 98,000 miles, I didn't think I'd ever hit 100k but not bad for a 96. With this motor I'm counting on 100 more. I'll get some pics of the car after I wash it, but is a very nice looking 16 year old car.

Yeah I like them a lot. I hope they sound half as good as they look.

Nice work under the hood

Thanks!

Pics showing good for me ...

Not sure what is going on with the pics. They show up fine for me, even on my phone. ughdunno.gif