ricksi30

Rick's build log

do you put anything to protect the wood? resin? liquid nails around all the wood? paint? primer??

Last time I didn't that is one reason why I had to redo them. I think I'm going to use plasti dip unless someone else has a better suggestion.

do you put anything to protect the wood? resin? liquid nails around all the wood? paint? primer??

Last time I didn't that is one reason why I had to redo them. I think I'm going to use plasti dip unless someone else has a better suggestion.

I was also gonna ask if you used that... lol Plasti-dip seems like a winner for alot these days...

I was also gonna ask if you used that... lol Plasti-dip seems like a winner for alot these days...

Yeah everyone is using it. The black stuff on the door in the pic is spectrum, and spectrum sludge.

More pics please... location of tweeters? Looking good!!

I have listened to three songs so far one metal song, a rap song, and a female vocalist song. Flat EQ high passed at 80hz with a 12 db slope, with the gain left all of the way down. At this point I am very happy with the Alpine's. The tweeters sound nice and aren't harsh even at the 0db setting. The mids were good but I'm expecting more once I get the gain set properly, and mess with the EQ and TA settings a bit. So far so good!

They are in the top of the doors all of the way up front. I will be trying a few other locations as I go. Thanks!

They are in the top of the doors all of the way up front. I will be trying a few other locations as I go. Thanks!

you ditched the passives yes???

you ditched the passives yes???

Not just yet I will probably try bi-amping them first if I'm not happy as is. Between the different settings on the passive crossovers (They have like 12 different chips you can put in depending on driver location on/off axis and in/out of phase) and the tweaking I can do with the 880 I think I'll be happy using the passive crossovers. I change my mind often so who knows what will happen. I did want to keep the front stage nice and "simple" but I do feel like I am under utilizing my head unit.

A little bass to hold me over until the SSA subs are here. This thing looks very impressive for how cheap it was.

2012-07-24143341.jpg

That pic looks awful, I'll make sure I charge my camera tonight :)

Haha nice temp subs!

Haha nice temp subs!

They were crazy cheap! Should have a little bass by the end of tonight for the first time in months.

The components are getting better and better, I'm surprised at how "up front" they sound.

Got the tweeters installed, and cut my mdf rings for the 6.5's Should be playing tomorrow!

2012-07-20194436.jpg

Please give us a little review on those comps.

Will do Aaron. So far I love them, I put the subs in about an hour ago and it is nice to be able to cross the subs lower than I used to. I'll do a more in depth review once they break in.

Hmmmm XCON.....s?

yes XCONS

I think so man!

If there was a letter after Z, I would tell you to get that "con" :P

So it looks like the subs will be two 12" XCONS. Two XCONS were a bit out of my budget, but I ended up finding someone who had one for sale and traded some stuff that I had for it. I will be ordering the next one pretty soon, and will most likely be changing my sub amp. If anyone is interested in the bb2 1400.1 let me know.

On a side note I'm really liking the front stage! Full review will come shortly.

:TMNT:

2012-07-10010215.jpg

Yup he's getting big. One day about three weeks ago he completely changed. He went from being a nightmare to an awesome dog literally overnight. Very weird but I'm happy!

:'(

I'm pretty pissed but this might push me to shoot for that 50. Not my main goal but It would be cool. :)