ricksi30

Rick's build log

love my monoprice rcas and the price can't be beat. good choice man. how does the speaker wire look/compare?

Thanks, the wire looks good hopefully I don't have any issues with corrosion.

I like what I see . Keep the pics coming.

Thanks! Will do.

I like their RCAs but don't care for the speaker wire, bad corrosion problems between jacket and copper.

I remember you posting about that....I didn't realize it was the monoprice wire.

No problem, it was only one set of wire that did it so I wouldn't worry to much.

The new amps. The 4 channel is huge!

2012-11-01104820.jpg

2012-11-01104931.jpg

Nice lookin amps.

Yeah I really like how they look in person.

Be careful with those monoprice RCA's. They clamp down REALLY HARD on your equipment, so when you go to remove them be gentle...

Otherwise it'll rip the outside of the RCA jack off the amp. I know from experience.

Oh and those PPi amps are the real deal. Somebody stole my 800.4 last week and I'd buy another one without even shopping around (and will when I get more $$$).

Edited by An-i-no

Be careful with those monoprice RCA's. They clamp down REALLY HARD on your equipment, so when you go to remove them be gentle...

Otherwise it'll rip the outside of the RCA jack off the amp. I know from experience.

Oh and those PPi amps are the real deal. Somebody stole my 800.4 last week and I'd buy another one without even shopping around (and will when I get more $$$).

Thanks for the heads up! Sorry about your amp man, I hope you can get back up and running soon.

Can't wait to see it all finished. Really liking the looks of the amplifiers.

Can't wait to see it all finished. Really liking the looks of the amplifiers.

Thanks me too. This build has taken WAY too long. I've pretty much replaced every part of it so when it is done I am hoping to be content with it for a while.

Tuned in man!

Thanks man! And same here, can't wait to see what you have in store.

nice equipment list,!

nice equipment list,!

Thanks, I can't wait to hear it all.

popcorn2.gif

Stop eating popcorn, and get to work!

popcorn2.gif

Stop eating popcorn, and get to work!

He's waiting on me to have some free time from work and school before going ham on the truck.

i'm waiting to be blown away by your build man. haha, can't wait

Nice!! Look forward to seeing it. I like those amps, great for the money!

What is the new front stage gonna consist of since your selling the components?

I'm not positive yet. It will really depend on if the Alpine's sell. If I can't get enough for them I'll most likely keep them. I really do like them but I am tossing around ideas for an active setup.

Nice!! Look forward to seeing it. I like those amps, great for the money!

Thanks man! Running some wire now, my car is gutted and I need to drive it tomorrow morning. It is going to be a long night.

Head unit installed!

2012-11-06152637.jpg

2012-11-06152622.jpg

BT mic location

2012-11-06152655.jpg

I have my Type X mids and some American bass tweeters running active off of the 800.4, and after messing around with the settings for a while I am surprisingly happy. I am not a huge fan of the tweets (got them in a trade deal) but overall it sounds pretty damn good. I might stick with this setup and swap the tweeters for something else. I am not a sound quality freak by any means but I do understand staging a little bit. I enjoy the mids much more than with the passive crossover. Keep in mind that everything else has changed too. (head unit, wiring, and amp)

All in all I'm pleased with the new front stage setup.

As for the head unit I like everything about it except for the display. It is very hard to see in direct sunlight and I have 5% tint everywhere but the windshield.

Good to hear. Why dont you keep your Alpine then and just get tweeters like you said.. that hu uses USB right?

How do you have the tweets aimed?

As for the head unit I like everything about it except for the display. It is very hard to see in direct sunlight and I have 5% tint everywhere but the windshield.

That's what I had an issue with when I used my Kenwood deck 4 years ago, loved every bit of it except I couldn't see the display in direct sunlight even with 5% tint. That sucks to hear because I wanted to go back to Kenwood.

Edited by jay-cee