oldsch00lf00l

10" GCON versus 10" Fi Q

I hate internet shopping but I have approximately 750 watts RMS @ 1 ohm and would like to run a ported 10 in my 2012 WRX. I was just wondering how the GCON stacks up to the Fi Q in terms of Sound Quality? Keep in mind, I only have some listening time with the Fi Q, and IMHO, it is a bargain for the price. If the GCON is close enough, it may be a bargain to the bargain.tongue.png

Both are excellent sounding subwoofer's in the right install, the Q just has more of most everything. More power handling, Xmax, thermal limits, suspension, options etc.

Haven't compared the 10's, but if it were 15's I'd buy the Gcon based on the performance/$ ratio

Thanks for the response Aaron.

No problem, it is just the facts. The point Sean is making is one of the budget, meaning that you have to decide if you want to spend more for the Q's greater capabilities.

Aaron I just want to say I have NEVER seen someone be so honest in this business. Even when it means you are putting your own product in "second place" depending on what the situation is. That speaks LOADS more for your product and your business than you can imagine. I for one will say this, based on peoples thoughts and YOUR dedication and honesty I WILL purchasee SSA subs the next time I buy. You can count on that and I would imagine more and more people will see this and feel the same way.

Sorry OP but I had to put that out there.

/threadjack

Aaron I just want to say I have NEVER seen someone be so honest in this business. Even when it means you are putting your own product in "second place" depending on what the situation is. That speaks LOADS more for your product and your business than you can imagine. I for one will say this, based on peoples thoughts and YOUR dedication and honesty I WILL purchasee SSA subs the next time I buy. You can count on that and I would imagine more and more people will see this and feel the same way.

Sorry OP but I had to put that out there.

/threadjack

Thanks, we felt from the get go, being honest and up front would be a nice change. ;)

If you get "more" but can't use it, is it worth the extra money? ie, if the results are the same for less how do you rationalize spending more?

Future upgrades or usually a higher resale value is my rationalization for going with the step higher. Don't forget the icon is another awesome choice. Either way you will not be disappointed!

Future upgrades or usually a higher resale value is my rationalization for going with the step higher. Don't forget the icon is another awesome choice. Either way you will not be disappointed!

Agreed 100%

:)