grambo623

battery

Hi im looking at getting two 15in btl n2's. Just wondering what kinda battery i should upgrade to, and if i should have it in the back or under the hood. what kind of alternator would be good to upgrade to, i seen power bastards and dc power. Does ur alternator volts have to match your battery voltage.

Hi im looking at getting two 15in btl n2's. Just wondering what kinda battery i should upgrade to, and if i should have it in the back or under the hood. what kind of alternator would be good to upgrade to, i seen power bastards and dc power. Does ur alternator volts have to match your battery voltage.

Your electrical isn't based off of what subs you are running, so how much power are you planning on?

i was looking at 2 hifonics brz2400.1d

Edited by grambo623

and your battey voltage better match your alt voltage or else your alts not working!

I would suggest looking around a bit more and doing a little bit more researching.

I would suggest Singer alternators.

Then a XSd3400 under hood and two d3100s in the rear.

Also doing all wiring in 1/0 and the big three upgrade.

I would also suggest your alt charges at 14.7 with said batteries.

the xs d3400 is a 12 volt battery that wont work with the 14.7 volt charge Alternator.

Edited by grambo623

the xs d3400 is a 12 volt battery that wont work with the 14.7 volt charge battery.

What?

i would NOT suggest a constant 14.7v charge...

Some aftermarket companies use regulators to force the regulator to stay at a preset voltage which isn't wise for AGM batteries.

The hotter it is outside, the lower the charge should be.

It's possible to overcharge and swell an AGM battery on just 14.7v. Temperature plays a role here..

This is why I opted to use a company that uses OE regulators and not aftermarket regulators.

You should learn about more about the basics before trying to run such a big system.

i already have one btl with a hifonics hfi 2000d i had a 2006 ford fusion i didnt need to upgrade the alternator or battery. Now i have a little hyundai accent i wana upgrade the alternator first with the battery, hook it up then upgrade the hfi to a brz2400.1d. Then to get another btl with another battery in the hatch. Im just more interested in what kind of alternator to trust and sink money in same with batteries.

Doesn't relate to the topic but I have a nearly brand new n2 15 fully loaded d1 for sale if your at all interested. PM me if you are interested.

I wouldn't skimp out on a cheap alternator. Look into Mechman or DC, or singer and find one that fits your budget

Edited by Mac N Cheese