jonbearsmt

i need help with a crotch rocket.... anyone?

my brother has a 1990 suzuki GSXR 1100 sling shot,...... it has been running strangely,

and to me seems like a control mod issue or a spark control issue, seems to run great untill it gets hot.. then it just shuts off.... somthing is killing the bike.

we have put new fuel filters on it. cleaned the tank out, checked all the fuses.

i know nothing about bikes.. hes a young man that thinks he knows it all but he cant seem to get this bike up and running again......

he needs it.. its his only mode of transport and he just moved here to texas and starts a new job soon....

hes always helping me out.. i need to help him ..

so if you know somthing about street bikes or even better somthing about this model that would be super.

thanks guys.

Sounds like my lawn mower when the carb was full of shit.

might be a vacuum leak since it's an older bike.

take a water bottle and spray around any area that you think it may be leaking at...

Do this when it's running odd.. IF you spray the area, if it's leaking, in the right place, the bike will temp seal and run normal for a little bit.. If that happens.. bingo.

If it was a vacuum leak, it would be present at all times. MY guess is coil or coil pack break up. Once it gets heat soaked, it turns to shit. Of course I don't know much about bikes, but most ICEs are the same and I've dealt with this issue many times in an auto and just recently with my Simplicity.

It could also be a fuel pump issue. Once the pump gets hot, it acts like an old man.

no fuel pump on it.

we torn the bike down, to bear bones today, found a relay that was pretty melted at the top.. .so we ordered a new one.. well install it tommrow and see whats up then.

Id check your coils, and make sure the carb is clean.

Edited by CrownVic

Id check your coils, and make sure the carb is clean.

coils work, but its hard to till if thats the issue or not at this point...... it has 4 carbs on it... and im trying to find someone who will rebuild them... or someone that knows how rather.

Kyle.

talked to kyle about it ... sadly hes genreation Y .... full of shit, and fake it till you make it type... so hes no help.

Rebuilding the carbs is pretty easy (setting them correctly is more of a pita then anything). There are some great "how-to's" online for them as well.