Quentin Jarrell

Ethos coil samples

I recieved a few sample coils from Precision Econowind to day so I figured I'd post a few photos. These coils are dual one ohm, 4 layer pure flat copper coils.

I am expecting to recieve the motor sample in a few weeks. It's been backed up due to the magnet supplier. I also have a custom tooled dust cap being made with DSS (Direct Sound Solutions) engraved into the bottom right side of the cap.

If all goes well and the sample is within spec, the production run will be placed as soon as it comes off the Klippel.

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

CSC_0143.jpg

4 inch?

No, 3 inch (76.657mm) id. A 4" coil would be too heavy for this application. The 3 inch pure copper put the moving mass just right and offers plenty enough thermal capability.

The OD is roughly 82mm. It uses 19 gauge pure copper wire.

Production coils came in today.  They are 10 mm longer to bring xmax to 33mm one way.  Due to the extra mass these are aluminum.

coil2_zps825164a7.jpg

New coil next to the old coil

coil1_zpsbf5c75d9.jpg

Can't wait to see your new tooled baskets and other tailored parts. 

How close are you to assembling drivers?

About 30 days. The motors and baskets should be on their way any day now.

It'll take a few days to rush a motor to verify T/S again. I did a few modifications for cooling plus the addition of the lighter coil will change things a bit. I can manually measure everything but I want to get one to Pat to verify.

I am wanting the production 12" to be optimized for a QB3 alignment of 1.5 cft tuned to 32 hertz with an F3 ~27. The parameters for this enclosure will also give a ~3db ripple with 2cft and a F3 of ~29hz with Fb 32

sweeeeeeeeetttt