Godsmack

Photo editing??

Since a good number of friends who work at or for a local club have seen and liked so many of my pictures they have me asked me to start taking pics of some of the people who work there, for their new website.

That being said, I have always despised photoshop. I have always thought it gave the women a 'fake' look. Like they had been gang-banged by a sand monster since they were so grainy. Especially in high touch up areas (stomach, eye brows, cheeks)

I'm looking for something that will give me the best editing abilities to remove fine lines, wrinkles, baby mama 'tiger stripes' (aka belly and tit stretch marks), and sharpen color on makeup. Has anyone used anything yet and if so what has worked best for them? I'd also like to crop and zoom without losing much if any of the definition of the person in the picture. I don't want the up close grainy look to them. It needs to be 'easy' as I am a Photoshop newbie.

I do have watermark software so that this software doesn't NEED to do it, but if its there great.

J

I'm not a photoshop guru, but photoshop is what you need. You just need to use it more and learn.

One thing to start is the camera you are using. Does your camera capture in RAW format?

If it does, THEN you can get into the customizations and fine tuning of your pics.

I use DxO Optics Pro for enhancing RAW based photos before sending them over to Photoshop for finishing.

I use Adobe Lightroom 3 to edit my raw pictures, then once I export it as a jpeg, I'll tidy up the image in photoshop cs4.

Also, check out the youtube tutorials for photoshop on whatever you may need/want to learn how to do.

Photoshop is what i use too lol...

Fuckin A..................guess its time to break down and buy it.

And learn it.

J

Gimp is the closest dumbed down free thing similar. Works for a good percentage of what you want to do.

Gimp is the closest dumbed down free thing similar. Works for a good percentage of what you want to do.

True but learning that and the needing to learn photoshop later is more annoying cuz eventually GIMP won't do everything as well .... But I am a fan of GIMP... But I vote Photoshop... Stamp them ladies tits and stomachs up baby!!! lmao

The controls are REALLY similar. I was somewhat experience with photoshop and haven't ever had to use the manual for Gimp.