BigGiz

SSA ZCON OR FI SP4

Trying to figure out what brand/sub to go with the Fi SP4 or the SSA Zcon.? just want some peoples input and opinion or thoughts on the two. I what to do something different these go round on my new build. ( Have done AQ, Sundown, Solo X, and some others.)

With no idea of your goals, enclosure requirements, etc it's impossible to recommend one over the other.

There is a member that has gained a greater score with a direct swap. But only a db or so if that matters to you.

With no idea of your goals, enclosure requirements, etc it's impossible to recommend one over the other.

Im not chase numbers anymore, i just need a sub that can take some abuse a daily ground pounder. Plan is 2 18s in Escalade Ext. That is being built as a show car but can still crush in the lanes if need be.

Flip a coin. Both are good drivers. I would like to try a 4 inch coil some day but I'm using a crap ton of power. I have not blown a zcon yet.

Pick what fits your budget.

Im not chase numbers anymore, i just need a sub that can take some abuse a daily ground pounder. Plan is 2 18s in Escalade Ext. That is being built as a show car but can still crush in the lanes if need be.

If you were leaning towards a high powered ported system, the Zcon would be a better option IMO based on T/S parameters, the Zcon is a more aligned with optimum ported enclosure performance whereas the SP4 is really geared more towards sealed enclosure or large low tuned ported enclosure (which aren't really necessary/desired in car audio). Peak output will be pretty close to the same with either driver in similar enclosure volumes/tuning. The difference is really going to be in damping/transient response, and I would imagine in a typical car audio ported enclosure the edge would go to the Zcon there. If you were looking for a high powered sealed system, the SP4 would end up being a better option.

zcon has my vote as always. i have owned both the 12" version , 15" version and soon to be 18" version. i loved them all and never had any problems what so ever. i bought 1 zcon 15 brand new and ran a aq3500.1 on it for 3 months then sold it to my buddy who still has it. he has been running a ap3000 (27-2800watts) to it for 6 or 7 months now and it still WANGS!. running 2800watts to 1 15 for 9 months straight, taking a beating every day is damn impressive if u ask me lol. i know for a fact u will not be disappointed going with the zcon. as for the sp4, i dont know. i have never owned or even heard one..

With all things being equal the sp4's were 1 db louder and a "smoother" sound througout the freq's. To me the zcons were peaky.

This was same box (well within recommended for both subs).

But take that with a grain of salt. That may not be the same for every person. Imho you can't go wrong with either and I'm sure you will be happy with either.