Sign in to follow this  
DeafIam

What I plan on buying (18" Death Penalty) 1st one :D

I am planning on buying an 18" IA Death Penalty and putting it in a box I made that is: 45" width 15" depth 25" height 6" port tuned at 29hz

Throwing a ZX1000.1 amp on it until I upgrade to a different one.

What you all think?

its in the back of a toyota corolla 97' tore my back seat out for my old build and decided it was time to get my first 18" sub.

That should be plenty of power.

Because if that is a 6" circle shaped port, you do not have enough port area

What type of port?

Yeah, it is a 6" circle port made out of pvc type. should I not do it that way?

so...will this sound much better then my current setup?

(2) 15" Kicker CVR's on the ZX1000.1 amp in a 7 cu box?

Better is a subjective term. The CVR's will have more cone surface, but the DP is a higher end sub woofer that has more capabilities then the CVR's.

Yeah, it is a 6" circle port made out of pvc type. should I not do it that way?

It just isn't enough port area. Nothing wrong with using a circle port, you're just going to need many of them in order to have a decent port velocity that doesn't hinder performance and add port noise. If they aren't flared ports, I would use 4 of those 6" ports. If you have the room, you can build a slot port. It's much easier to get a lot of port area using a slot port.

what wud be cuft for the sub - about 7cuft after displacements ?

i dont know if i wud tune it that low since its already plenty of cuft & the port area is way too small since a 6" circle port is only 28.27 sq" , if u divide that by 7cuft it will be like 4sq\cuft , avg recommended size port is 90sq so ur waaaaaaaay off

i like circle ports but in this case i too wud advise a slot port

ur best bet wud be to call IA up & talk to them

If you give me max dimensions and desired tuning frequency, i have no problems designing a basic slot port box for you using the Torres box calculator

are u a english professor ? , i'm a busy guy that occasionally drop in , type quickly & go about my business so i dont have time to type everything all proper as if its a exam , besides its the internet where often ppl type shorthand so chill

"There is no relation between enclosure volume and port area. None at all."

well do explain oh great guru

Why should he take the time to explain, when you can't take the time to communicate properly?

am i typing in greek , what does my "improper" typing or communication has to do with his 1st line ?

all i'm asking for is for him to explain his technical statement so we all can learn something from it thats all

Whoa, take a deep breath. I merely suggested you take a little time and write clearly. You get the same effort in response you get into question. Being in a hurry is no reason to type like crap. People have to decifer what you are trying to get across...

I'll still help regardless of how you type...

The only thing that determains minimum vent area is driver displacement and power. That is it. If you want to figure this out, model for vent velocity and change power input. You will see the correlation. You can also change driver Sd and see the same thing.

You don't need to be a smartass, either.