xxbobbyfinxx

Battery or Alternator?

I'm not offended, I'm just confused as to why I've never seen anyone with a simple system that barely exceeds stock output have to spend $500 on parts to power their system. That's all.

Te advice I think is great I will take. I plan on upgrading my battery and doing the big 3. That all seems reasonable.

Also, is yours a daily ground pounder? Could you leave it on balls to the wall while driving?

Mine is a daily ground pounder. With my setup, no. This is because I am running a single 15" SSA Zcon. My amplifier over powers my subwoofer. So I will never get to that point of playing balls to the wall currently. I am able to play my Zcon extremely loud for the entirety of the ride though, yes.

Is there a single battery I could use for 900RMS under my hood?

What's your Walmart battery capable of?

I'm sure there is. See if you can find a D3400 from XS power, or something similiar.

When I only had my stock battery, and my AQ1200, my lights would dimm, even while driving. But it would be extremly fast. When your lights begin to struggle to gain back its brightness, that is when something is not right/safe.

I'm not offended, I'm just confused as to why I've never seen anyone with a simple system that barely exceeds stock output have to spend $500 on parts to power their system. That's all. Te advice I think is great I will take. I plan on upgrading my battery and doing the big 3. That all seems reasonable.

Ok, sweet! Just, when your redoing your grounds, take some sand paper and sound down both the ring terminals and the metel your attaching them to. you want them to be super shiny!

You can fing cheap Welding Cable from Wireandsupply.com and Weldingsupply.com

Also, is yours a daily ground pounder? Could you leave it on balls to the wall while driving?

Mine is a daily ground pounder. With my setup, no. This is because I am running a single 15" SSA Zcon. My amplifier over powers my subwoofer. So I will never get to that point of playing balls to the wall currently. I am able to play my Zcon extremely loud for the entirety of the ride though, yes.

I'm sure there is. See if you can find a D3400 from XS power, or something similiar.

When I only had my stock battery, and my AQ1200, my lights would dimm, even while driving. But it would be extremly fast. When your lights begin to struggle to gain back its brightness, that is when something is not right/safe.

Hmm, do you think 2 10's @ 900RMS could be a balls to the wall system? How much were both your batteries combined?

And my lights do un-dim rather quickly. I don't think I'm in any serious danger, just the average dimming you normally see.

Hmm, do you think 2 10's @ 900RMS could be a balls to the wall system? How much were both your batteries combined?

And my lights do un-dim rather quickly. I don't think I'm in any serious danger, just the average dimming you normally see.

The size of the subwoofers is irrelavent. It all depends on the additional electronics your introducing demands. 2 10s @ 900 watts to be balls to the walls system would have to consist of two SSA Xcons :P

My stock batttery came with the vehicle. I payed 500$ for two D3100s, one was damaged in sipping :(

Thats good for now, but you have to remember, with each dimm, your hurting your vehicle's system.

The size of the subwoofers is irrelavent. It all depends on the additional electronics your introducing demands. 2 10s @ 900 watts to be balls to the walls system would have to consist of two SSA Xcons tongue.png

My stock batttery came with the vehicle. I payed 500$ for two D3100s, one was damaged in sipping sad.png

Thats good for now, but you have to remember, with each dimm, your hurting your vehicle's system.

If it's just damaging the alternator, then I'm fine with that seeing as it has a life time warranty. I was told it will still last a couple years with my abuse on it, and that's fine with me because I'll upgrade my battery before that.

Damn that battery is expensive!

Is there a single battery I could use for 900RMS under my hood? What's your Walmart battery capable of?
I'm sure there is. See if you can find a D3400 from XS power, or something similiar. When I only had my stock battery, and my AQ1200, my lights would dimm, even while driving. But it would be extremly fast. When your lights begin to struggle to gain back its brightness, that is when something is not right/safe.
Hmm, do you think 2 10's @ 900RMS could be a balls to the wall system? How much were both your batteries combined? And my lights do un-dim rather quickly. I don't think I'm in any serious danger, just the average dimming you normally see.
The size of the subwoofers is irrelavent. It all depends on the additional electronics your introducing demands. 2 10s @ 900 watts to be balls to the walls system would have to consist of two SSA Xcons tongue.png My stock batttery came with the vehicle. I payed 500$ for two D3100s, one was damaged in sipping sad.png Thats good for now, but you have to remember, with each dimm, your hurting your vehicle's system.
If it's just damaging the alternator, then I'm fine with that seeing as it has a life time warranty. I was told it will still last a couple years with my abuse on it, and that's fine with me because I'll upgrade my battery before that. Damn that battery is expensive!

lol. You will soon notice, if you want to be loud, you have to pay. Lesson I learned a long time ago. And 500$ for two batteries that are worth 500 EACH seems like a good deal to me.

If your ok with damaging your equipment, then... I have nothing else to say TBH.

lol. You will soon notice, if you want to be loud, you have to pay. Lesson I learned a long time ago. And 500$ for two batteries that are worth 500 EACH seems like a good deal to me.

If your ok with damaging your equipment, then... I have nothing else to say TBH.

If it's just damaging the alternator, then I'm fine with that seeing as it has a life time warranty.
Edited by xxbobbyfinxx

Not sure if it has been mentioned since but Somewhere on Page 1 I read you ground to the sheet metal.

Try grounding to the frame instead. The easiest is ussually where your seatbelt is connected.

I say with 900 RMS you should be fine on a stock alt.

Do the big 3. Get a deepcycle BAtt upgront and dont play loud with your lights on.

get a voltmeter and take it from there.

No one said that you needed a new alt. A good battery and proper wiring should be all you need.

And dimming isn't hurting anything, it's just annoying. Even a high output alt is going to allow dimming without a proper battery reserve. Take care of the battery. Use large gauge wire. I actually suggest grounding the amp back to the battery rather than to sheetmetal. Unless you have a truck, you don't have a frame and unibody cars are crappy conductors. Copper is a 10x better conductor than steel and I've yet to see a car that was a monolithic unit from the back to the front. That means that you have high resistance spots in the conducting path from your grounding spot in the rear to the spot where the battery (-) is connected to the car metal. A run of wire from the back to the front gives you a known quantity and will help with voltage drops at the amp.