• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By scizzle
      I have just sold my car and I had to remove my subs and amps.  not planning to install them again in my new truck.
      I have a sundown audio SAZ1500D & SAX100.4D.
      I also have two 12" SSD's with the upgraded coils.
      These are from an older install, but have not been beaten to death and are in great shape.
      i have no idea what these are worth figured it's a great first time setup for someone. I'm assuming around $500ish for all of it.
      Local pickup will be the easiest obviously Sarasota/Tampa/St. Pete/Bradenton/Venice. But Willing to ship if the price is right (I can get a quote).
      Willing to sell individually if you want.
      email me: sc1zzle@yahoo.com

• By Smanleyman
      There are two things I have never had since I got "serious" into car audio. A 10" sub, or a decent dual sub setup. So this is my build for two 10" xcons! Im super excited, they should be finished building and arriving soon, I hope.
      I am fitting the maximum dimensions of my trunk while still being able to fold up the stock floor and access the spare tire. I was left with 3.11 internal cubic feet without sub, bracing, 45s, or port displacement. This is firing into the car, so I also needed the subs and port to be on the same face.
      The triangle port is unconventional but takes up less volume than a typical slot port inside the box and also has less port wall surface area, so I'm hoping it works out. That angle took some wizardry to figure out, and it still came out a little crooked but oh well. The "45s" are little pine cove trim pieces, figured this is the best I can do without sacrificing internal volume. I used minimal bracing but it should be enough, and undercoated everything with two cans, I honestly dont think it does anything but I like to do it on my boxes. it gives a solid completed look to the inside of the box and its extra leak insurance. 

Final volume and tuning should be 2.4 cubes at 31 hz with 25 sq in port area. The box is a little too small and the port is a little too small, but its all the space I have. 

Got some black base down and some custom copper orange pearl, trying my best to match the faceplate of my Crecendo BC3500. All thats left is to carpet it with black felt, wire the drivers in, and go to town!

• By Thomas Iturraran
      Vehicle : 1973 VW Beetle
      Location in the vehicle: Rear cargo area; sub pointed up
      Space available (Length x Width x Height): 35" length x 12" depth x 12-15" height
      Subwoofer make and model: Fi SSD
      Subwoofer Size: 10
      Number of Subwoofers: 1
      Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Rectangle w/ 45's
      What type of music do you like?: EDM, RAP, Rock, 
      Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday high sq 
      Tuning Freq (Hz): 35 - 38hz?
      Volume : 1 - 1.5?
      Questions:

So I have modeled up a few different enclosure in win isd but I just want some confirmation as to what you guys think will work best for my listening needs. From what I have read on this forum that I believe Fi recommends a tuning between 31-35hz and 1.5 cu ft. Modeled the box up they suggest and some of the numbers in win isd don't seem to comply with recommendations I find online, for ex. port velocity seems way too high ~ 130ft/s and output seems to lack around the 40-50hz region. From what I understand it seems as though when designing a box in a small vehicle such as my VW you can go a little bit higher due to cabin gain if I understand correctly. After modeling it seems as though 1-1.25 cu ft and a tuning of 38hz seems to produce a nice curve that also had minimal group delay and won't produce a ridiculous peak in output. My question is are there any other suggestion as to maybe more box volume or less and will there be any unforeseen issues with tuning to 38hz instead of 35? Also can someone give me any insight on how tuning affects subs ability to play in the 60-100 hz region? If I understand correctly tuning lower limits the sub woofers ability to play the higher notes?
  • Recent YouTube Posts