Sign in to follow this  
kegann

Many questions, any help would be appreciated

2 Gcons 12", a good ported box (@32 Hz), a single set of comp speakers, no rear speakers at all, and 2 amps : one for the comp set and one for the bass.

Take a look at the sundown SA subs too. I don't remember their price though.

RF amps are good, but expensive. You can find cheaper amps like Audiopipe, some Clarion,...A good 2 channels, or a small 4 channel bridged.

I personnally like my Sundown amps, but they are not cheap as the Audiopipe !!!

Don't go the cheap route on speakers : you need a serious set of comps. Try to listen to some if you can find a shop with some on display.

Amplifiers : with your total budget, you need to go cheap, or used. There are good deals everywhere.

2 12" will be easier to fit in your trunk. You can make them fire through the cabin, but I don't know how is your car. (to lazy to google it !). Forget the 18" sub. It's not necessary.

don't forget the money for all the wires, connectors, accessories,...

Good luck OP

Take a serious look at the classified section. You can find very good deals there.

2 12" Fi bl would be fantastic for you. You can get them and later find a powerful amp for them. But start small on amplifier power.

Find out what they cal "big3" : you will need to do that, before adding any battery.

So are you considering the eighteen now? If if so I highly suggest that you rethink that idea.

Seems I will with everyone reccomending 2 12's. Now I need to decide which 12's

IMO you dont need rear speakers, go with a good 6 1/2'' component set (adaptor plates available) infront with a 2 channel amp.

Ok, figured out how to put those 2 front speakers in myself today and they sound much better than the stock that was in there. I'm really set on getting a sub in first, then re-upgrading to a comp set now. Good idea or no?

2 Gcons 12", a good ported box (@32 Hz), a single set of comp speakers, no rear speakers at all, and 2 amps : one for the comp set and one for the bass.

Take a look at the sundown SA subs too. I don't remember their price though.

RF amps are good, but expensive. You can find cheaper amps like Audiopipe, some Clarion,...A good 2 channels, or a small 4 channel bridged.

I personnally like my Sundown amps, but they are not cheap as the Audiopipe !!!

Don't go the cheap route on speakers : you need a serious set of comps. Try to listen to some if you can find a shop with some on display.

Amplifiers : with your total budget, you need to go cheap, or used. There are good deals everywhere.

2 12" will be easier to fit in your trunk. You can make them fire through the cabin, but I don't know how is your car. (to lazy to google it !). Forget the 18" sub. It's not necessary.

don't forget the money for all the wires, connectors, accessories,...

Good luck OP

I will do what you said for the comp speakers after I get the subs taken care of. Already put time into the speakers and they sound pretty damn good. Im a little confused on how amps work and always was. Lets say I have 2 subs that both have 800RMS do I need a 2 channel sub that is 1600watt rated?

Take a serious look at the classified section. You can find very good deals there.

2 12" Fi bl would be fantastic for you. You can get them and later find a powerful amp for them. But start small on amplifier power.

Find out what they cal "big3" : you will need to do that, before adding any battery.

Yeah I will def be doing the big3, I do remember that from years ago. But I have people reccomending me 3 different subs and don't know what to go with haha. I will be doing 2 12's ported.

I will say it again: You do not need to match up driver RMS ratings to an amplifier's RMS rating.

The reason I suggested a single 18" driver is it would essentially cost you half as much.

Edited by stefanhinote

Ok, figured out how to put those 2 front speakers in myself today and they sound much better than the stock that was in there. I'm really set on getting a sub in first, then re-upgrading to a comp set now. Good idea or no?

Go for it, and then look at the front stage later.

I will say it again: You do not need to match up driver RMS ratings to an amplifier's RMS rating.

That is true ! A little more or on par is nice to have too biggrin.png

15" Q driver in a sealed box. Feel its personality, then play with ported. Then maybe buy another. Cut sheets for the Q 15 is 17" high on the sealed and ported. This should tickle your addiction

Sign in to follow this