needmobass

trying to break 155 dbs

I noticed a lot of fluctuations in score with my Spl lab mater. Good for beginners getting an idea of what they are running but if your a serious competitor, I would suggest a termlab. What good is testing different things if your meter is never the same...

Not bashing the Spl labs meter, it was just time for me to step up to a termlab for a few bucks more.

morning.gif

Ok so then what i have in the truck currently will be ok to burp at .5 ohms after i retune wall? what about doing a 30 second run on music (street beat) at the same comp. Been averiging 153.4 on music at 2 ohms.

Probably not good. The reason that you can most likely get away with 0.5 ohms right around tuning is that there is a huge impedance spike right at box tuning. Like a HUGE spike. Depending on the subs, box and tuning, on the order of 20x the nominal impedance. In other words, at tuning, your amps with a 0.5 nominal load wired to them could really see as much as 10 or more ohms. However, on either side of tuning impedance drops quickly to its lowest point. Unless your music only has bass right at your tuning freq, you won't have the impedance spike to rely on to keep the load on your amps in a safe range.

If they act anything like the 2 BTL's I've installed in SPL setups, expect a spike of up to 6 times the DCR at the tuning frequency.

I noticed a lot of fluctuations in score with my Spl lab mater. Good for beginners getting an idea of what they are running but if your a serious competitor, I would suggest a termlab. What good is testing different things if your meter is never the same...

Not bashing the Spl labs meter, it was just time for me to step up to a termlab for a few bucks more.

We did offer a while back for you to send it back to us and we'd ship you out a new one but it wasn't that much of a concern at the time as ccnncc was using it more than anyone else and was fine with it.

Inaccuracy isn't normal and therefore is warrantied.

We did offer a while back for you to send it back to us and we'd ship you out a new one but it wasn't that much of a concern at the time as ccnncc was using it more than anyone else and was fine with it.

Inaccuracy isn't normal and therefore is warrantied.

he borrowed it twice and tried using the usb with his computer and it read totally off. I'm talking about almost daily use its never Consistant. I was never offered a new meter. I didn't buy it new and had no warranty. Matter of fact you said you had no way to it since nobody has a working system to test with. I said before I'm not bashing the meter but don't sit and fucking lie. Really i turned down a brand new unit for my old busted up one?

Let me rephrase that because you are right, you did purchase a used one.

What we were prepared to do was send you a new charging adapter as it appeared that was the problem at present.

That never happened... I would have then offered to replace it(which would be either with another used one or a refund) but we never got to that stage of troubleshooting.

I did not post this to push your buttons whatsoever...

I posted the initial comment to let anyone else who reads this know that we do not just watch problems go unanswered as it could be interpreted that way.

We are always prepared to exchange possible damaged unit with a brand new one. That's why I said what i said initially but then realized you didn't purchase a new one so I was a little off there on my statement.

Sorry Steve!

you will have to ROLL up the volume with the amps at .25ohm each.

Highly unlikely that they'll street beat that low, but I've seen them do it at .33...

.25 each will easily get you your 155+, should be a 56+

My SPL-Labs is as good as or better than the termlab I used to own. Definitely more user friendly IMO (thouhg I have wireless version and use Android app).

I wouldn't waste my time and money on a TL again.

If you got a bum unit, send it back and if you can, upgrade to the wireless one. I think you'll like it.

My SPL-Labs is as good as or better than the termlab I used to own. Definitely more user friendly IMO (thouhg I have wireless version and use Android app).

If you got a bum unit, send it back and if you can, upgrade to the wireless one. I think you'll like it.

Still not loud

Still not loud

Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you want me to help you out with that.

Still not loud

Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you want me to help you out with that.

Lol