dblovah51

help diagnosing 11k2d goin in protect.

A friend of mine sent his 11k to get the mosfets replaced, it was repaired and sent back to him. And immediately he installed it and is now seein protection after we start to gain on the bass a little. It flashes once, which in the manual states low ohm and short circuit. Brand new mayhems @1ohm

Electrical system?

6 kinetix 2400. 2 xs d3100.. ohio gen 180amp. It play for almost a year with out problems but after the fets went out and was repaired then came the protect issue..the voltage doesn't even drop below 13.8 before protection.

Do you know what caused the failure when the mosfets burnt out the first time?

I think the amp was bein played on a low voltage battery bank and had no volt meter to identify the batteries was drained by a dead one, that caused the first failure.

Check to make sure the subs are wired to 1ohm. It sounds to me like the amp is seeing too low of an impedance.

Have you tried a higher ohm load like 2 ohms?

its called trouble shooting

Opinion is that it would be no way in hell that the amp is going into protect due to a low ohm configuration UNLESS one of the coils are bad.

That's exactly what am sayin knowin that ppl run that as low as .25..but the coils are good the subs are BRAND NEW mayhem and each coils are readin the same,, a guy who repairs them said it could b a chip that's stuck so he ordered one to try that.