Sign in to follow this  
hks240sx

SUNDOWN SAX-1200D RCA Jacks

So I have my SAX-1200D and im sure its the same with alot of amps as well. But to my question, 2 sets of RCA's and i understand both of them but they are not marked + - on either, so i dont want to disconnect the wrong ones and fry $$$ any 1 have any suggestions to which jack is + and -?

Well, techinally it doesn't matter becasue the SAX-1200D is a mono amp. So if you put the left into the right, the amplifyer still turns it into mono which is a single channel.

Not sure if that answered your question...your post is a bit confusing to understand.

Edited by bru92'

I used to ask the same question, but then my dad who was into car audio when he was a kid said "Why does it matter? isn't it all mono? All I ever had in my car was mono!"

lol yeah i hear ya, kinda fooled me at first because all the amps (mono) i ever had (mainstream) were all marked red or black, ect. but then yesterday i was eye gazing my amp and noticed the rca jacks were the same color (metal/ white) and i was stumped lol. wished i would have taken pics of my wiring install so i could post it in the forums might just have to rip open some panels and snap some pics or w/e