Sign in to follow this  
rail_ibn

Need Help With Picking Sub

I am looking for a 12" sub. Kinda on a budget. Willing to spend about 220 per sub. I just want the BEST bang for my buck. What do you guys suggest? Thanks

I am looking for a 12" sub. Kinda on a budget. Willing to spend about 220 per sub. I just want the BEST bang for my buck. What do you guys suggest? Thanks

just one 12?

i do like american bass xfl series i dont know what they run for but i wanna say 150 ish. what rms are you looking for?

SSA Gcon.

There are lots of subwoofers available in that price range.

What are your goals? What amp are you planning on using? What are your enclosure restrictions?

There are lots of subwoofers available in that price range.

What are your goals? What amp are you planning on using? What are your enclosure restrictions?

Agreed, more info is needed to suggest something. Why a single twelve? Can you fit a fifteen?

You ain't know man! :roflmao:

15" gcon would be awesome! What car is this in

Lmao. Thanks for the replies guys. I have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. Sorry I didnt say earlier but I do plan on getting two or more 12's. 15" is too big. Im also looking for ANYTHING above 650 RMS. I recently bought a Crescendo BC3500D amp.

That's a lot of power for how much you are willing to spend on subs. GCONs would be great if you wired them to two ohms. If you can up your budget a bit ICONs are awesome subs.

I heard nothing but good things about GCON thought about getting 3-4. Either GCON or Sundown SA-12

I heard nothing but good things about GCON thought about getting 3-4. Either GCON or Sundown SA-12

Both are great drivers! I like buying SSA subs because I know that they are hand built for me in the USA!

Lmao. Thanks for the replies guys. I have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. Sorry I didnt say earlier but I do plan on getting two or more 12's. 15" is too big. Im also looking for ANYTHING above 650 RMS. I recently bought a Crescendo BC3500D amp.

A couple Sundown SA-12's should be able to handle your BC3500D with a careful hand on the volume knob. I would step it up to the Z.3 though for a daily system on that much power.

4 gcons sounds like a good idea biggrin.png , but if you were willing to get a few 12s for a couple hundred each you could go with one zcon or couple icons

Ported box will not work for more than 2 12"s in the trunk unless you plan on walling off your backseat/interior.

Love me some zcons amazing subs! But yea I think 4 gcons would be perfect. Would get nasty loud if you port into the cabin!

Oops meant to describe a wall and totally f***ed up hahaha!

Im leaning towards the 4 GCON!

Edited by rail_ibn

With your budget, OP, you'd better sell that beast amplifier. Get one that can do 1000 to 1500 @ 1 Ohm, you'll run it at 2 Ohms until you have the 2nd sub.

How long will it take you to find money for a 2nd sub ? Maybe you could wait until you have a better budget, and try to find a better combo.

With your budget, OP, you'd better sell that beast amplifier. Get one that can do 1000 to 1500 @ 1 Ohm, you'll run it at 2 Ohms until you have the 2nd sub.

How long will it take you to find money for a 2nd sub ? Maybe you could wait until you have a better budget, and try to find a better combo.

I can afford more than one sub. Thats why I said I was goin with 4 GCON 12