Hey guys, I have a good friend who is putting a tablet in place of his head unit. That will leave me with an opening of about 12"x12"x4" to place an amp for him.

Does anyone know of or can recommind a 50x4 class ab amp that will fit in those dimensions without getting overly hot? I dont even know what to look for as most amps are bigger than that.... I have heard of mini amps but not sure of sound quality? His budget is less than 150 bucks so PLEASE help lol

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I have a good friend who is putting a tablet in place of his head unit. That will leave me with an opening of about 12"x12"x4" to place an amp for him.

Does anyone know of or can recommind a 50x4 class ab amp that will fit in those dimensions without getting overly hot? I dont even know what to look for as most amps are bigger than that.... I have heard of mini amps but not sure of sound quality? His budget is less than 150 bucks so PLEASE help lol

Thanks in advance!

could look at the AUDIOPIPE APSM-4080 or APSM-4050 , not the best brand but tiny and about 100 bucks

Edited by frogcase2002

Sounddigital has a really small amp.

Why do you want to put an amp there ? Find a small one that can fit under the seats, or in the glove box, but behind the tablet with no air : is it a good idea ?

SounDigital Nano series.

Thanks all. It doesnt have to go there he just has all that space from removing factory deck so we were hoping to get one in there. I looked at the RF mini amp but it has no rca inputs, and i def need those as he will be using the headphone out jack into rca's for this.... I was planning on running small fan on amp if i put it there, but we can put it under seat if WE HAVE TO. Its just more wiring and such that he didnt want to do in the car. The nano series looked awful expensive.

Thanks in advance!

could look at the AUDIOPIPE APSM-4080 or APSM-4050 , not the best brand but tiny and about 100 bucks

You say not the best brand, i have heard its one of the worst out there. is this true? im sure he would rather spend 200 on something reliable if audiopipebomb is that bad

Thanks in advance!

You say not the best brand, i have heard its one of the worst out there. is this true? im sure he would rather spend 200 on something reliable if audiopipebomb is that bad

i have had a few audiopipe amps along with others and they are not nearly as bad as people say, most people say that cause there cheap in price, never had the small ones though

Edited by frogcase2002

mb quarts makes ok budget amps from what i hear. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33003_MB-Quart-FX4.50.html

alittle bigger/more power http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33004_MB-Quart-FX4.70.html

check out precision power and even polk has a small 4 channel that is not too expensive.

There's a small pioneer amp that does I think 75 x 4 @ 4ohms check sonicelectronix

i have pretty much decided on the alpine mrx-f30. does any one have any thoughts or other suggestions? the alpine is at the limit of size i can fit. It is in behind the glovebox not the head unit as i originally said. sorry.

Hertz HPD4, PPI 900.4, Polk D4000.4, NVX JAD800.4 will all fit.

Going to probably need a line driver as well though and personally I'd add a passive volume knob so that you can use the tablet at full output. For those I'd recommend an ALPS with an audio taper.

OK. so it turns out he is using an actual computer in the car and a touchscreen monitor for his display. I imagine that changes a few things like whats the best way to do the audio out from comp to amp??

Hertz HPD4, PPI 900.4, Polk D4000.4, NVX JAD800.4 will all fit.

Going to probably need a line driver as well though and personally I'd add a passive volume knob so that you can use the tablet at full output. For those I'd recommend an ALPS with an audio taper.

Thanks for the help for sure. all those amps are out of his price range tho.

I'd still prefer a pot inline.

i will check them out. THank you!

i looked up the alps potentiometer and needless to say went way over my head. can you tell me why we need one? briefly of course i dont expect a book :)

The volume control on tablets are noisy and suck. Regularly their output is the best when using the full d/a range as well. Is it 100% necessary? No, but it's a real good idea.

SounDigital Nano series.

I was talking to someone who was thinking about distributing there in my city ... hands down winner IMO.

SO SMALL (if space is an issue) but what we were talking about was the power ...

You can hear the fan a bit (gotta cool somehow) but other than that, a very good product just coming out.

Yes, they are good little amps. Unfortunately the PPI are on indefinite back order. Luckily there are a half dozen other amps that use that same board...just choose what name you want on the heatsink. Pretty sure M5 listed them earlier in this thread.