Budah93

Neo Pro 6.5 Review?

I've been checking these out on the sundown website and a few vids on youtube (obviously don't do any justice) I was wondering if any of you guys have heard about them or have them installed in your cars? I'm considering buying a set for my front speakers.

Hope you aren't a midbass nut.

I'm not a midbass not i just blew my front speakers and have been looking for some replacement and came across. I love sundown audio so i figured why not try the speakers out if they aren't too terrible

I'm not a midbass not i just blew my front speakers and have been looking for some replacement and came across. I love sundown audio so i figured why not try the speakers out if they aren't too terrible

I had the 8's and they sounded pretty good. But don't expect a lot of mid bass.

would it be better just to get a set of components instead?

You can't just buy a pro audio midrange and slap it in your car and sound good. Quite the opposite. Efficiency comes with some severe compromises. That and quite frankly a 6.5" pro audio mid is somewhat stupifying.

Pro audio means you just need to be loud as shit to hear it over your bass. If you don't have 8k- 30k of bass then stick to good components

I feel like i do need those tho. Every set of components i try still gets drown out by my bass. what compromises would i have to make?

I'd go with more components, more midbass before I go pro audio. I was thinking the same thing you are but decided against him ... probably the best move.

I was listening to this guy that has 2 SMD subs off a Kicker Warhorse (so just imagine that) in his Jeep ... 3 sets of Kicker components in the doors ... wow, keeping up, all day long.

I feel like i do need those tho. Every set of components i try still gets drown out by my bass. what compromises would i have to make?

What is your sub setup? Most AMPED components can get pretty damn loud.

I'd go with more components, more midbass before I go pro audio. I was thinking the same thing you are but decided against him ... probably the best move.

I was listening to this guy that has 2 SMD subs off a Kicker Warhorse (so just imagine that) in his Jeep ... 3 sets of Kicker components in the doors ... wow, keeping up, all day long.

There are far more compromises going the route of multiple speakers than there are going with high efficiency (pro audio) speakers. Frankly the route of multiple component sets/multiple speakers is the worst option.

That said I agree with M5, a 6.5" high efficiency driver is a midrange and nothing more.

I've got them in my car. It doesn't take much to make me happy, but they're my favorite door speakers i've had in my car so far! As stated there isn't crazy midbass, but I'm not/wasn't too worried about that when I got them. They get loud and sound decent, IMO. I'm sure there are better options out there for ya', but from my point of view they kick some ass :)

i'm running 2 15" sundowns and have rockford power components on a rockford p400.1

i'm running 2 15" sundowns and have rockford power components on a rockford p400.1

I'm assuming that's a 400.4. If it's not bridged then then try bridging it (with the gain low at first, then raise it slowly and listen carefully for stress from the drivers). One thing you have to remember is that you'll have to raise the crossover to account for the added power.

thats what i meant haha but ive tried alot of combos and they still get drown out