Sign in to follow this  
bru92'

SA-15s Power handling

A buddy of mine asked me if I could find him a set of good 15's. I suggested Sundown's SA-15 and I know that they are a good driver for a good price. However, I'm wondering how much power you can run through them, if you feed them clean power. They would be running of a Hifonics HFI1500d which would either push 1000@ 2 ohms or 1500@ 1 ohms depending on if we had dual 2 or dual 4. I suggested that he also buy a better amp but wasnt sure what one. Any suggestions? How much power?

*budget for amp is undefined, I'm not sure if he wants to buy a new amp right now.

they are rated at 600 watts RMS if i recall correctly, but how much they will take is dependant on much more, IE enclosure, use, user, so forth.

i have seen a pair on a SAZ 4500d burping a 154.

If you apply more than the RMS rating (regardless of signal) over a sustained time, you will cause thermal failure. Simple as that.

So should they be run off the Hifonics or get a new amp? The Hifonics will push 750 per driver, which would probably only be playing for short amounts of time at full.

2x15 and a SAZ1500D sounds good to me.

I am running a single sa-12 on a 1.5d, but I take care of it like its my baby. Well, I don't like babies but you get my point.

2x15 and a SAZ1500D sounds good to me.

I am running a single sa-12 on a 1.5d, but I take care of it like its my baby. Well, I don't like babies but you get my point.

we all baby our equpiment...i've got four new babies (AA Meyhems) and I dust them everyday and put them on my bed during the day.sleep.png

Sign in to follow this