jonbearsmt

do you have heat issues with your NS-1?

6 members have voted

1. 1. do you have heat issues on your NS-1 on 12volt

• yes
    • no

just trying to figure out. whats going on here.

More problems? You've had a rough couple of weeks man, I hope you get everything figured out.

More problems? You've had a rough couple of weeks man, I hope you get everything figured out.

yeah no doubt.. and they just keep piling up..

my NS-1 has spent more time in protect then in use!

Sorry to hear that man, deff sucks was one of the amps i was considering but once I got wind of the newer batches having those issues, Well I steered clear of that amp. Good luck man I am sure Jacob is aware of these issues and hopefuly he can hook you up.

yeah no doubt.. and they just keep piling up..

my NS-1 has spent more time in protect then in use!

If the amp is scorching hot before you even turn it on then it sounds like an install problem--regardless of what ever other amps worked in the past.

If you leave a wrench in your trunk next to the amp, will it get as hot as the ns-1 is from just sitting there off all day?

its just from sitting in there ... my 100.4 is almost just as hot and it turns on and plays fine.... not an install issue.

if i park my car in the shade, and pop the trunk. and let it air out for 30 mins it will come back on.. and i can get 20 mins play time out of it.. then i have to open my trunk again and cool it off...

i did it all day of heat wave.. people would want a demo and i had to ask them to come back in a bit.

Route some AC in to the back area. Not directly on the amp. Just in the trunk somewhere.

Route some AC in to the back area. Not directly on the amp. Just in the trunk somewhere.

i should not have to bro... why cant it just work the way an amp should....

from reading page after page on caco i have a second run of the NS-1 its a commen issue that has not be addressed. i guess jacob is trying to see what he can do.. i just hope im included in repair.

if not ill hang my self.

i should not have to bro... why cant it just work the way an amp should....

from reading page after page on caco i have a second run of the NS-1 its a commen issue that has not be addressed. i guess jacob is trying to see what he can do.. i just hope im included in repair.

if not ill hang my self.

ok then.

he says,.. it does not work very well.. the amp normaly runs at 60 and with the pump it runs at 50,

he says,.. it does not work very well.. the amp normaly runs at 60 and with the pump it runs at 50,

Do this, Flip your amp upside down, take the back off and make a plexi cover and add some big ass fans... this helped with my Sax-125.2 it would run like a grill but stayed cool even when i was down in texas with 116+ everyday

IMG_0504.jpg

but with fans

Edited by Julian

That sounds like a terrible idea.

You think a computer cpu would run very long with the heatsink off, and a fan in lieu?

Misread.

Edited by stefanhinote

You think a computer cpu would run very long with the heatsink off, and a fan in lieu?

Stefan, he did not mean to gut it out, just flip it. The heatsink is still there in this scenario.

My amp tends to get hot too with the ongoing heat wave, so I asked a friend and he suggested I do a tunnel type of cooling in the future. At one end blowing in, at other out. Blowing directly on the insides wont be that effective as on the heatsink itself in my opinion.

And if you do decide to flip it, take notice that the top disperses heat too(where all the logo and labels are placed). Maybe retracts it a bit in mid air and not screw it directly on the desired surface.

John-

You hang around of alot of mechanics, right? Is there any way you can get ahold of an hand held temp sensor? The one with a laser you don't have to touch anything with. If you can, get a couple of readings of your amp when it shuts down...

Want to see what your heat sink temp is...

Stefan, he did not mean to gut it out, just flip it. The heatsink is still there in this scenario.

My amp tends to get hot too with the ongoing heat wave, so I asked a friend and he suggested I do a tunnel type of cooling in the future. At one end blowing in, at other out. Blowing directly on the insides wont be that effective as on the heatsink itself in my opinion.

And if you do decide to flip it, take notice that the top disperses heat too(where all the logo and labels are placed). Maybe retracts it a bit in mid air and not screw it directly on the desired surface.

Exactly I spaced it so it hung with a gap from where I had it mounted.

John-

You hang around of alot of mechanics, right? Is there any way you can get ahold of an hand held temp sensor? The one with a laser you don't have to touch anything with. If you can, get a couple of readings of your amp when it shuts down...

Want to see what your heat sink temp is...

sure ill do that . thanks,

so it seems to be the second run of NS-1s that are having issues,.... im guessing i have a seond run.

If your buddies don't have a temp gun you can find them fairly cheap at lowes and home depot.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-Laser-Temp-Gun/203168529/

I use this one to check temps on heat sensitive grain. It is normally within a degree compared to a certified temperature probe.

Hank was literally cooking eggs on his at slamology. I think there is a video of it somewhere.

Hank was literally cooking eggs on his at slamology. I think there is a video of it somewhere.

That was his 200.4s

Sorry!

It was a big black amp that said sundown lol. JP was over there and him being a superstar and all it was a mob of people.

I'll go back in my corner now. Thanks for clearing that up.