oakteg21

need advice on what to sub to choose for my 2000 integra ls

Hello everyone im new to this and looking to purchase new subs for my 2000 Acura Integra Ls. I have narrowed it down to the fallowing subs and also will need recommendations for a box for the subs if possible. Im trying to use up as least possible trunk space as possible. I have Hifonics Brutus 1700 amp already. The subs im looking to get are either 2 sa-10, 2 10" fi ssd, or 1 10" fi BL.

what do you guys think i should get? as im looking for the setup with the best bass output possible where i can take up the least possible trunk space. I mainly listen to Rap/Hip hop music.

Also looking at maybe getting a box design for the recommended subs with demensions if possible.

Regarding if I want it ported or sealed I dont mind what ever gets the best result is what I would prefer thanks.

For output and listening to rap ported would be the way to go in my opinion.

Also 2 sa or SSD 10's are going to have more output than a single BL.

What size is the space you are willing to give up?

Go 2 10". Fi SSD's hands down. Great company and products. Good luck with your build. :)

Go 2 10" BLs :peepwall:

We cannot give you box designs/ideas without measurements lol.

You're going to lose the hatch if you go ported. It's simply going to take up a lot of space. No way around it. If space savings are a consideration, the most cone area you can get in a smallish sealed box is the way to go. A pair of 12s sealed will hang with a pair of 10s in boxes of equal gross volume. The 12s can be in their optimum sized box where the 10s will either be in a box smaller than they really want and/or you will have to sacrifice port area to the point where either port noise is a serious problem or the box begins behaving like a severely mistuned box at high output as the air in the port packs up.

If you really want a ported box, 8's might be the way to go. That said the last pair of 8's I ported had ports that displaced more air than the actual chamber of the box just to get enough port area with a tuning around 40hz. Each 8 had right at .6cf of airspace. They weren't going to win any SPL comps but they were pretty surprising in output.