dbsupra

Received Q18, terrible packaging

I've never been a fan of the packaging either. Just too flimsy for the weight of the subs IMHO. Knowing that we have to pay for the packaging anyway, I think it should be an option too. Pay XX number of dollars for the heavy duty reinforced packaging for those of us who don't trust or have had bad experiences with the shipping companies.

Just my little idea.

Love the subs, but the packaging is just plain garbage. Seems like they would care alittle more about their product.

The Sp4's I bought were crated and showed up good. But all other subs I have bought from them show up that exact same way. You know how Fedex and Ups are, pack them knowing what they will go through and that wont happen.

:lol:

I have ordered 4 subs from FI over the past 2 years and they arrived in pefect condition with wood on the top and bottom!! I am not sure whats going on in FI world these days but that looks bad. Nick took care of me during my process and emailed me often about the status of my subs.

My Dcons came shipped like that and they were fine. However they are not as heavy as some of the more beastly subs I've seen. I just ordered and received a sub box and it looks like UPS used my box as a football sled. I think it could it be as simple as stamping fragile on the box on all sides with big bold letters and packaging just a little better.

In the last years I've received several subs from the USA (Fi, SSA, Sundown) with absolutely no problem.

They were all packed like that except the SA 15.

My subs travel to Paris (France) and the go back to the Caribbeans (Martinique) with UPS. With Fedex they go through Memphis, Porto Rico before MArtinique. Big trips so !

And no package were damaged. Even the BTLs and the Xcons were in good conditions.

The shipper must have done something wrong with your box. Bad luck bro !

But I can tell that that kind of packaging is good enough for those subs.

Welcome back Shawn!

I didn't get an email back so it wasn't me.

Luckily it seems to be intact. Swift has received a few in the same condition so maybe they don't like us southern Midwest guys haha. Even though many make it unharmed I still believe $400 and 50lb the packaging could still stand some improvement.

I appreciate your reply, hopefully it is smooth from here on.

Dave

I have ordered 4 subs from FI over the past 2 years and they arrived in pefect condition with wood on the top and bottom!! I am not sure whats going on in FI world these days but that looks bad. Nick took care of me during my process and emailed me often about the status of my subs.

yea same here wood on top and bottom!

I work for Fedex actaully, and its no joke when they say to pack as if it's been dropped from 6 foot or above. So many packages and they want us to constantly keep a certain pace, so some lazier people will just fling stuff onto the belt.

Wow. Thats hard to look at... Are they hiring Asian kids to do there packing and shipping..??!!?!? Lmao

But I can tell that that kind of packaging is good enough for those subs.

I'm sorry but its NOT, plain and simple. All that is is simply putting it in a box. Zero protection. I paid 800 bucks for my 2 Q 18's and both boxes looked like that with one large chip out if the magnet. Not acceptable for the money spent.

Wow. Thats hard to look at... Are they hiring Asian kids to do there packing and shipping..??!!?!? Lmao

We hardly ever package anything, people for the most part suck at packing. We get oil rig stuff that is like 150lbs and its in one ply boxes and such.

I actually don't think it matters. I regularly ship stuff worth $250k and when it's packed super well and appropriate the shipping monkeys break it. When you slap it in a box it arrives fine. This tells me one thing. When a box is abused shit fails. I'd personally rather have a true failure than a hidden one. Not so sure that packing them way better would make a survival difference to customers. Scott is also not dumb so I bet he's done the analysis of how many failed versus not and chosen his shipping methods appropriately. Sure there will be some that don't make it, but hell you can UPS/Fedex a 1" thick aluminum plate and some won't make it.

We ordered 4 rims from a company and one arrived broken, the package was one ply box with blown in foam. Contacted the company and they said that happens because ups tends to play sports with heavy boxes sometimes. Reguardless of how well things are packed you can not protect from the variables from point A to point B.

I can assure you that Scott and his guys take the time to make sure subs are packed properly for the given weight.

Just wanted to update this.

Work has been more insane than usual and took longer to complete the enclosure than I had anticipated.

Everything worked out fine. Got it in last night and it bangs.

Thanks guys

Love the subs, but the packaging is just plain garbage. Seems like they would care alittle more about their product.

The Sp4's I bought were crated and showed up good. But all other subs I have bought from them show up that exact same way. You know how Fedex and Ups are, pack them knowing what they will go through and that wont happen.

I could not agree more with the post.

Yes UPS and Fedex do drop the ball when it comes to shipping sometimes, but that is why the subs should be properly packaged just in case.

My $400 18" SSA Xcon that I paid $40 to get shipped to me just showed up with a cracked basket. Either because the 65 lbs sub was packaged just like the above guys sub, or because it was damaged before it was even shipped. angry2.gif

I was shocked when I saw how it was packaged too! I always see large Xcons in crates but I guess that was not important anymore.

Edited by miwasqo

or because it was damaged before it was even shipped. angry2.gif

Why the hell do you keep saying this? Do you really think that a company with the customer service of SSA/Fi would ship you a damaged sub on purpose? You need to chill out.

Considering there is no working email for 2 days and no phone number to call I'm starting to have my own doubts about my recent order of which I don't even have an order ID.

Yes UPS and Fedex do drop the ball when it comes to shipping sometimes, but that is why the subs should be properly packaged just in case.

My $400 18" SSA Xcon that I paid $40 to get shipped to me just showed up with a cracked basket. Either because the 65 lbs sub was packaged just like the above guys sub, or because it was damaged before it was even shipped. angry2.gif

I was shocked when I saw how it was packaged too! I always see large Xcons in crates but I guess that was not important anymore.

As I said in a prior post, you have not seen Xcon's in crates, we only just now switched them over. Please stop with the accusations, no idea why anyone would think that getting the product to the customer is not important to such a small internet only brand.

Considering there is no working email for 2 days and no phone number to call I'm starting to have my own doubts about my recent order of which I don't even have an order ID.

The website is going through a major over haul. Fi is not going to ignore you, they will take care of it. If need be, email shawn @ ficaraudio.com in a day.

As I said in a prior post, you have not seen Xcon's in crates, we only just now switched them over. Please stop with the accusations, no idea why anyone would think that getting the product to the customer is not important to such a small internet only brand.

Forgive me for a faulty accusation. I mixed up the Xcon with the Zcon. Hopefully when it gets back from repair it will be crated because I know if a company like Skar can try and protect their smaller/lighter subs, Fi and SSA can definitely find a way to ensure their large heavier models are equally packaged safely.

On a side note, you have been helpful with doing your part of getting the sub sent back for repairs. I will drop it off at the UPS store tomorrow and have them wrap it like crazy in bubble wrap before it is boxed and sent.