swift

Batteries or another alt problem?

that's VERY $$$ for 2.0 cable man..

Hell, Lowes sells 2/0 cable for less than that.

Also, www.wireandsupply.com sells 4/0 cable cheaper than that.

that's VERY $$$ for 2.0 cable man..

Hell, Lowes sells 2/0 cable for less than that.

Also, www.wireandsupply.com sells 4/0 cable cheaper than that.

???

wireandsupply.com has 2/0 guage for 3.10 a foot if you are trying to compare apples to apples

http://www.wireandsupply.com/product_p/wc-2-fslash-0-01.htm, after shipping its 145.00 for 40 ft. I can get this stuff for 146.00 for 40ft after taxes and this is local and can actually go see the wire in person before buying.

And Knuconceptz has 1/0 OFC for 3.95 per foot and my truck is full of that stuff.

This is very nice cable, I can get regular welding type cable cheaper at the same place if I wanted, he said this is much better cable. This is Pro Audio wiring used for concerts and is very flexible and durable made for being thrown around while being setup in long lengths and has a nice zero memory jacket.

Ah,,,, i was comparing apples to apple sauce. Close...

I wasn't referring to flexible..The kinda cable where you gotta warm up for 25 minutes with P90X before installing it.

Ah,,,, i was comparing apples to apple sauce. Close...

I wasn't referring to flexible..The kinda cable where you gotta warm up for 25 minutes with P90X before installing it.

LMAO

I

Alt is back from Mechman with a smaller pulley, seems to be doing great so far. Hopefully the issues will be gone.

Awesome customers service as always

Alt is back from Mechman with a smaller pulley, seems to be doing great so far. Hopefully the issues will be gone.

Awesome customers service as always

wrong......

Well, going down interstate alt stops working all together, volume half way up enjoying my ride to a job site and look down to see 12.5 voltage. Turn radio off and back up to 12.8 she goes but battery light is on. Luckily I have 4 fully charged D3400's in my truck and was able to make it home on battery power 12.8 the whole way. XS power baby!!!!!

Put stock alt back in and she is back to normal. I am extremely unhappy at this point.

Maybe I can get a refund since it is less than 6 months old and only been able to use it for maybe a total of 2 months combined.

I have a 300 amp in my jeep Liberty that is nine months old. I have never had a problem with it.

I have a 300 amp in my jeep Liberty that is nine months old. I have never had a problem with it.

Congrats, lol

Still no answer as to what they will do about this.........

you really wont get much here. your best bet and fastest way to get response regardless which way you go will be to start calling them and handle your situation over the phone with them. Good luck.

It also looks like your pretty close to them hopefully they get it straightened out for you once and for all.

Edited by crunkjuice1

I just re-read everything posted in here.

Before your recent incident with alt going out altogether, i keep reading you talking about how the idle is always 13.0v.. idle...idle..idle..

When driving, was it ever above 13.0v?

Also, what are you using to measure voltage and where is it measuring at?

Now, for the most recent incident-

For your stock alt to be working and your mechman not.. That sounds like regulator failure.

pm me and i'll tell u some more.

you really wont get much here. your best bet and fastest way to get response regardless which way you go will be to start calling them and handle your situation over the phone with them. Good luck.

It also looks like your pretty close to them hopefully they get it straightened out for you once and for all.

Wasn't looking for response here, just letting you all know my experience honestly, but figured someone just might see this and help since they have a section. Already emailed last Thursday, no answer so I called yesterday morning and talked to them and they are trying to decide if they can help me any further???

I just re-read everything posted in here.

Before your recent incident with alt going out altogether, i keep reading you talking about how the idle is always 13.0v.. idle...idle..idle..

When driving, was it ever above 13.0v?

Also, what are you using to measure voltage and where is it measuring at?

Now, for the most recent incident-

For your stock alt to be working and your mechman not.. That sounds like regulator failure.

pm me and i'll tell u some more.

Yes while driving and in throttle it would jump up to 13.6-13.8 driving but as soon as I would slow down at a red light or stop and idle it would drop to 12.9 - 13.0. Sometimes driving down the interstate I could watch the volt meter bounce from 13.9- 13.0 - 13.9 - 12.9, I actually have video of it doing that and they told me that could be normal.......... Stock alt never bounces around and the 1st Mechman I got before it failed never bounced around. All of this would only happen after the alt would heat up and temps during the day would reach 90's. Also with no load and radio OFF.

After sending It back they told me nothing was wrong with it and it could be my install, but they would put a smaller pulley on it and it would be stronger. I insisted something was wrong with it but would try their advice and said send it back to me. Well, 2 hours after being in the truck with smaller pulley it stops working all together. That's where I am now. I have a volt meter at amp, and also one in dash measuring from a power source that is basically or extremely close to alt power. I am referring to the front volt meter cause at amp reads .2 lower 90% of time.

Here is a vid showing my install

Edited by swift

All I can say at this point is I am extremely impressed by the customer service from Josh over at Mechman and this seems like it will be well taken care of.

Big props to Mechman. Issue has been resolved and I actually upgraded to a big 380amp alt with adjustable regulator. I will get it installed tomorrow and hit the Meca show tomorrow. Decide to drive down there and pick it up and to see the place. Nice guys and nice shop and incredible customer service!!!!

Pics will be up later tonight it tomorrow

Great news to hear!

Big props to Mechman. Issue has been resolved and I actually upgraded to a big 380amp alt with adjustable regulator. I will get it installed tomorrow and hit the Meca show tomorrow. Decide to drive down there and pick it up and to see the place. Nice guys and nice shop and incredible customer service!!!!

Pics will be up later tonight it tomorrow

I think I said somewhere up there about an externally regulated alternator ;)

Possibly your Pcm is limiting your voltage and not allowing you to charge higher, an ext. regulated alt might fix your problem --its did for me. You also might need a smaller pulley if possible. But you may have to get a smaller belt size

oh wait I did... ;) Hopefully that'll fix your issues, I had the exact same issues with my MM alt and my new 2011 mustang. I had to externally regulate it.. now It's all good

I don't have a mechman alt in my old vehicle, but I had the problem you are having where it doesn't keep charged, it rests at 12.6 vehicle off, but when I have the vehicle on it stays at 12v..& I was told it was the alternator going out, it would work sometimes then shit, then work again..

I think my alternator has an internal regulator, and it is going out & that is the problem.

Edited by Travis.Iowa