02BlackOnBlackSS

Rl-i 8's plus IS2200 = .....

140.9 :bigok:

On the termlab.

Here's a little bit of background. I got the 8s in and they look awesome. I threw them in a box that is 1.4 cf net, .95 cf after port, 35 hz, and 15 square inches of port. I decided that they won't fit in my car so a friend of mine took them off of my hands. I built the box for his mustang, but it fit in my hatch and he let me borrow them for a week. I got it metered tonight and it did that in the kick with the door cracked. It did a 138.5 sealed up on the dash. We only played with it for like 10 minutes and didnt even move the box around.

This box isn't a burp box either. It sounds awesome and plays really low. These 8s have a usable low end extension for the mid 20's. They sound great and are very clean. I keep the bass on -4 for daily driving. Who would have thought that 2 little 8s in a box that isnt even 1.5 cubes (port takes up 1/3 of that) could be so loud and clean. :woot:

I am kind of reconsidering giving up the well and buying a pair for myself (again).

It doesn't look pretty, but that is why it is loud.

dscn02444iv.jpg

dscn02452yk.jpg

are you going to clean up the install later?

The amps look good for their price.

Well, kind of.

I plan on building an amp rack to go on the back wall of the trunk, and putting an 8w7 in the side so I can still use my t-tops. Although this has me thinking of just getting a pair and giving up my well....

The subs belong to my friend with a mustang.

u freakin serious? lol kinda loud for 2 8's lol

Yeah, especially for only having 15 sq inches of port area and .9 cubes to work with. Not to mention the low tuning of 35 hz.

I could probably make them do a 145 with the right box, or maybe even more. I just don't want to bother with building the boxes.

nice!! 8's go boom like so.......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

You are making me want two.

wow on the score for sure, and great score for the power too,

crazy8's man!!!!

gives me great hope for my 8 ss protos with an orion 2500d, install will be completed by tuesday.....excited :)

I'm hoping to do 140+ on the dash, car sealed

setups I'll be attempting to get me there.

2 RL-i 8"s

4 eD eu-700's

4 AA Assasin 8"s

all ported from under the rear seat of my crew cab titan, THAT is the tricky part. all with a low tune :D . probably won't do it.... 4 8"s will have the most displacment so should theoretically be the easiest to get louder with. but I want to run 2+ 8"s again since I know how low they can play... then there's the 6.5"s I want to run them to show people what's what with a tiny sub lol...

so was that a test tone or music?

Edited by HawaiianBassHead

also, would you like to make a vid playing something nice for roe? :D there are no RL-i 8"s vids on there I don't think. something to show some of the car flex would be nice. is it back in your buddies Stang? maybe do it in his car? later,

T

2 RL-i 8"s

4 eD eu-700's

4 AA Assasin 8"s

all ported from under the rear seat of my crew cab titan, THAT is the tricky part. all with a low tune :D . probably won't do it.... 4 8"s will have the most displacment so should theoretically be the easiest to get louder with. but I want to run 2+ 8"s again since I know how low they can play... then there's the 6.5"s I want to run them to show people what's what with a tiny sub lol...

When you do it, keep me posted...

A guy on some board thinks it is physically impossible for UP TO 4 6.5's to hit a 140 @ 50hz or less...

nG

pretty stinkin loud for some 8's for sure.

how would you compare it to your old xxx 15 setup? not just in terms of loudness but everyday driveability, transition, etc.

2 RL-i 8"s

4 eD eu-700's

4 AA Assasin 8"s

It was on a 50 hz test tone.

If I built a box that was a bit peakier with a nice spike at 50 hz, I could easily do a 140 on the dash sealed. This is in a Camaro hatchback, so I guess that is an advantage. If you get the Rl-i's, you won't take up much space at all under your seats. This box is really small.

also, would you like to make a vid playing something nice for roe? :D there are no RL-i 8"s vids on there I don't think. something to show some of the car flex would be nice. is it back in your buddies Stang? maybe do it in his car? later,

T

My car doesn't flex too much with all of the glass and such, but these things move like crazy. They look pretty sweet when they are moving at a low tone. I don't have a video camera though. :greddy2:

Maybe I can find one somewhere to borrow.

how would you compare it to your old xxx 15 setup? not just in terms of loudness but everyday driveability, transition, etc.

I actually like it more than my XXX 15. The way the box was set up, it had some cancellation issues and with the daily port in, it wasn't as loud as I was expecting. I would say that this set up is as loud or louder than the daily set up with my XXX 15. The reason being, is that it is down in the well more and it works better down there. I am starting to dislike XXX's more and more because no matter how much power you give them, they still want more, and that just is not very efficienct. The 8s have all of the sound quality of the 15, they are just missing a bit on the lower end (as expected). It has been a while since I parted with my 15, so I can't really compare it very good, but I certainly like the weight savings and the fact that I don't have to run loads of power. Just giving these subs 350 watts a piece is a very nice tradeoff.

I actually like it more than my XXX 15. The way the box was set up, it had some cancellation issues and with the daily port in, it wasn't as loud as I was expecting. I would say that this set up is as loud or louder than the daily set up with my XXX 15. The reason being, is that it is down in the well more and it works better down there. I am starting to dislike XXX's more and more because no matter how much power you give them, they still want more, and that just is not very efficiency. The 8s have all of the sound quality of the 15, they are just missing a bit on the lower end (as expected). It has been a while since I parted with my 15, so I can't really compare it very good, but I certainly like the weight savings and the fact that I don't have to run loads of power. Just giving these subs 350 watts a piece is a very nice tradeoff.

:woot::woot:

2 RL-i 8"s

4 eD eu-700's

4 AA Assasin 8"s

When you do it, keep me posted...

A guy on some board thinks it is physically impossible for UP TO 4 6.5's to hit a 140 @ 50hz or less...

nG

I'd love to hear as well. The 6.5 size is just so easy to fit almost anywhere, but my money is on the Rli's

136@ 33hz for my RL-i 8''

1.3 @ 35hz off an orion 2500d @ 8 ohms, so im guessing somewhere around 200-300 watts.

i will get it up to a 140 within the next month or two.

136@ 33hz  for my RL-i 8''

1.3 @ 35hz off an orion 2500d @ 8 ohms, so im guessing somewhere around 200-300 watts.

i will get it up to a 140 within the next month or two.

Not bad for such low tuning.

Is it just an average generic enclosure or is there a " special" part about it ?

Its pretty amazing people can get numbers like this when people with 2 10's cant even break 135