02BlackOnBlackSS

Rl-i 8's plus IS2200 = .....

6.5"s should be here saturday or monday. along with an amp for them. once I get them installed I'll put some vids up and meter them on my TL. then as money allows I'll order a pair of RL-i 8"s, I know the Rl-is will have better lows if they're anything like my old 2+ 8"s ;) . and probably better efficiency than mine since the dumax birthsheets said something like 78dB or some crap lol. can't wait to get the 6.5"s installed. I can all but guarantee a 140+ in my old hatch focus, the truck is a different animal though. so it'll be a little harder, bottum of box will be fiberglass formed to tranny hump in floor... maybe the back as well, thinkin bout sticking the front out a little too maybe to get more volume...2.5-3ft^3 gross so I can stuff more port would help me.

136@ 33hz  for my RL-i 8''

1.3 @ 35hz off an orion 2500d @ 8 ohms, so im guessing somewhere around 200-300 watts.

i will get it up to a 140 within the next month or two.

probably more in the neighborhood of 500wrms....

2500 X 1 @ 1ohm

1700 x 1 @ 2ohm

1200 x 1 @ 4ohm

but still very, very impressive for a single 8 at that tuning....btw, what vehicle? and legal or outlaw? tl?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

And, I have a pair en route to my apt right now.

:domoslay:

i dont know what the difference 'specks' is between the official ss8 and the protos i got, but my protos have been in my ride for a few days now powerd by an orion 2500d, very very nice subs.the harder you push em, the happier they are.

any ts on the protos mike?

loud mudderr phuckers.

RL-i makes W7 Cry

You people shouldn't be wanting the subs, you should be wanting the car.. Hatch does wonders...

lol... Less is more in those cars, I found that out...

You people shouldn't be wanting the subs, you should be wanting the car.. Hatch does wonders...

lol... Less is more in those cars, I found that out...

that is true...

but the sub itself is still a loud, wonderful thing.

i'm running one off a small jvc bookshelf, in .17ft^3 sealed, in my son's room....two words....loud and low. they can move air,period. add that capablity into a hatch, and blam...big numbers with a little sub.

and f-bodies aren't as loud as some suv's....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

You can make an Eldorado have a hatch.... LOL get out the cutting tools on the dremel.... 47 hours later BAM hatch

I wasn't trying to make it sound like the 8's aren't nice, I apologize...

With low power in the right setup I think they have the potential to be louder that in a trunk obviously. The SUVs you speak of, I know, the Camaros are only good up to a certain point.. then there is no where to go.

Those lil buggers move.

use 18ga on them, the terminals are really really small.

and they're very hard to fit through the 6" cutout even with tiny terminals lmao.

before I got them I had no idea which speakers you were talking about. It'll be hard to get the 140 out of them in the truck. But I know someone who's almost at 150 with four of them in his spl install... I have four also, and running them in 2.25ft^3 tuned to 28ish hz lol. need to make a few more adjustments, then I'll meter it. or I'll meter it while making the adjustments perhaps. box is double 3/4" mdf port side is double also. a little overkill for tiny subs lol. I'll post back results soon. I can say straight up the RL-i 8"s even 2-1 would probably be a better choice for most people. can't wait to get more fundage for them little buggers. I NEED at least a pair though. so I'm trying to sell my large subs and or amp 1st cause I'd like to get four incase two aren't enough lmao.

if the Rl-i's are anything like my pair of 2+ 8"s... they'll pound the snot outta these 6.5"s lol... can't wait. I got them for cheap, but then ended up paying more for shipping after the fact along with getting jacked on an amp deal, I could've bought one of these and been set :( oh well... I want two at once anyway lol.

You can make an Eldorado have a hatch.... LOL get out the cutting tools on the dremel.... 47 hours later BAM hatch

I wasn't trying to make it sound like the 8's aren't nice, I apologize...

With low power in the right setup I think they have the potential to be louder  that in a trunk obviously. The SUVs you speak of, I know, the Camaros are only good up to a certain point.. then there is no where to go.

no need to apologize bro. i should. after reading my post just now, i really came off like i was ticked. so i apologize.

anyway, like you mentioned, the hatch did help, no two ways about it. but i would wager these lil buggers can get loud in just about any vehicle. right install/power of course.

i played mine for awhile in my truck in 1.25ft^3 tuned to 38hz off 1700wrms. and i was very impressed. especially for how low it could get. power wise, i'd stay in the 500-750 range, with 1700 i could bottom it out pretty quickly..lol. but i have been impressed with it regardless of box or power. it's just a badass lil 8.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

350 worked fine for me. No need for more unless you have it on tap....

8s came in today. Thanks Mike! They look very sweet.

Now I can fix my sig :woot:

you make me jealous :( . I sold my DD 8" and some misc parts of one of my mbq comp sets and have about half of the money for one lol. not including shipping. hope someone buys more of my stuff soon... lol once I get enough fundage, I'll be getting me my pair of RL-i 8"s :yumyum:

Holy old thread bump !