Masher

18" help for noob.

Will be doing 2 in my Excursion so cubes arent really that much of an issue. Which one and why or suggestions of others not on this list but currently looking at RE XXX, ZCon, BTL or nightshade. Going to use Crescendo power 5500s havent picked mid bass or highs for up front either but going with a Pioneer double din more than likely. So any and all help appreciated advise me what you would use and why. I listen to a broad array of music rap, rock, country, metal, death metal, techo, trance and even classical sometimes. Im getting into this game a bit late being almost 40 but its something Ive always wanted to do. Again any and all help setting this project up is greatly appreciated.

What's the goal for your system?

Goal is great sq with the ability to get nasty if asked too. I am leaning more toward nasty in lieu of some sq though.

Edited by Masher

Goal is great sq with the ability to get nasty if asked too. I am leaning more toward nasty in lieu of some sq though.

okay then get nasty with some XCON 18's haha if your going for zcon im not sure what the zcons would do for you but i know my uncle is running incriminator comp up front and in the rear doors with a pair of xcon 18s and if you wanna hear sound quality dear god let me just tell you that thing sounds beautiful.

Xcons or FI Q's would be my choice for that goal. A Crescendo 3500 will be plenty for either of those and get stupid loud. Trust me

Indeed it would i got 1 ssa gcon and it gets pretty nasty for a 750w 15'' in a cargo van especially that i can hit a 140 with it but still sound excellent!

I can safely say I've got this one covered, he's a local, probably no more then 30-40 minutes away.

I'll make sure he gets setup properly. :)

Xcons, Zcons, BTL, ... all are good choices. Sundown Z too. But I don't know enough about the Nightshades.

Talk to Bassahaulic !!!

I also apologize nem doesnt run the incriminator audio upfront he has 2 AA 7'' with polk tweeters

you say your a newb and want to run some 5500s? and some 18s? Very Brave. . . . do you realize the money and eletrical you need in order to do that??!!? If so let all hell break loose man but

Heck with it man what he wants is what he wants he will be pretty happy with 2 18s runnin a 5500 even tho you wont really need it unless your going with something bigger than the XCON

That amp would destroy a pair of XXX 18's.

Mayhems are another great choice.

Heck with it man what he wants is what he wants he will be pretty happy with 2 18s runnin a 5500 even tho you wont really need it unless your going with something bigger than the XCON

Going to do two 3500 strapped after chatting with a few peeps. Looks like Im getting talked into the z cons as well. What mayhem are you taking about?

I have 11k saved for this surely I can come in under that. My problem with work rright now will be finding time to do it.

As I stated. I will make sure this man is setup properly and trained on how the equipment works, and it's limits.

Going to do two 3500 strapped after chatting with a few peeps. Looks like Im getting talked into the z cons as well. What mayhem are you taking about?

I have 11k saved for this surely I can come in under that. My problem with work rright now will be finding time to do it.

WOOP You are gonna be getting nasty even when you dont want to and then when someone asks if there is more you can give them even more nasty along with some good sound quality!