SMpaintball78

update on the single jl w7 build

alrighty, got a little update for you guys on my single jl w7 10 build in my truck. im now using a jl 500/1 (jl recommended) and one jl w7 10. since i can not sell the second w7, i think im going to use it. i have found a second jl 500/1 for a hell of a deal so i think im going to pick it up and run both subs. i am building a box for 1 w7 10 monday so once i get it in, ill post more pics smile.png anyways heres how the system looks now.... i will be posting all my updates here.

IMAG0057.jpg

yes i know, i rigged the box up so i could run one 10 lol. dont worry, its sealed off good

I know you said that you sealed it good, but are you still using the entire inside room of that box? If so that might be a bad thing.

I know you said that you sealed it good, but are you still using the entire inside room of that box? If so that might be a bad thing.

yes i am. 2.3 cubes and jl recommends 1.5 cubes. it sounds really go though so i aint to worried lol. no smelly coils yet

yes i am. 2.3 cubes and jl recommends 1.5 cubes. it sounds really go though so i aint to worried lol. no smelly coils yet

could maybe add some little peices of 2x4s inside to make there less space inside,, could slowly add more till it sounds the best, and it would probley lower tuning, i think

Edited by frogcase2002

ya the tuning on the box sounds like bull.gif its wayyy to high for my liking but until i build my new box, itll have to work

alright new box will be done tomorrow and i have decided on the amp situation as well. running 2 jl 500/1 (one amp per sub) and a 300/4 on some jl mids and highs. obviously, im not going for spl lol just want a nice clean sounding setup :)

yes i know, i rigged the box up so i could run one 10 lol. dont worry, its sealed off good

Well? ;)

The coil will not fail, the suspension will fail. Watch your excursion; recones from JL are VERY expensive.

lol i know haha. they sound so damn good lol

you wont smelll a thing,, and there will be no warning.. just no worky and shredded soft parts

you wont smelll a thing,, and there will be no warning.. just no worky and shredded soft parts

got my new box today :) should be better for the sub...

IMAG0064.jpg

i would say that since i got the sub in the new box, it just as loud as both were when they were in the shitty prefab box.. and its tuned at 34hz so its a low-end MONSTERRR ;)

I would love me some W7's!!!

honestly i never believed in the jl w7 because they cost so much i just never thought they'd be worth it. but i understand now why they cost so much lol there sound quality is ungodly and they still get hella loud haha.

i disagree on the SQ part, but they sound 10X better then say the L7 does.

and they do get low. also the recone process is kind. but costly.

honestly i never believed in the jl w7 because they cost so much i just never thought they'd be worth it. but i understand now why they cost so much lol there sound quality is ungodly and they still get hella loud haha.

I didn't own mine for very long, but that is because we came to different conclusions. Wasn't bad, just nowhere near my favorite sub.

i disagree on the SQ part, but they sound 10X better then say the L7 does.

I don't know about 10x, but I think what you are trying to say is that most people who install L7's suck at installing anything that sounds good. I have a 12" L7 and if you heard it you'd be shocked I think.

i never sasid nothing about the w7 being my fav. sub lol. zcon is my favorite haha. but yeah id say the w7 is the best sq sub iv ever owned. it just so clean and crisp... and the one i have insalled was made january of 2002 and to still get loud, and sound as good as it does to be 10 years old, hats off to jl lol