I was looking for advice on a Backup Camera. I have never shopped for one and don't know which specs I need to be looking for. So if anybody could lead me in the right direction, that would be great! I have a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD. I'm pretty sure it will accept any input from the Camera. My budget would be any where from 50$, to idk, 200$? I don't really know whats a good price for a good solid unit. I'm wanting to invest into this heavily because its really important. When the new window tints, and possibly a wall in the future, I will need a way to see behind me safely and more efficiently.

You don't need a backup camera to see behind you. I've had walls and never had one.

Take your side mirrors and angle them away from you. That way the far side of each mirror is parallel to your vehicle(when viewing through the mirror)

I've got my mirrors angled like this so i can actually see what is behind me when backing up from parking spots without hitting anyone.

If you really freaked out.. get a backup siren so people know to move if they are walking by.

Same here! I drive a long bed truck and do fine with a wall. always slowly back up in parking lots though. Almost ran a lady over because she stopped behind my truck with my reverse lights on and was texting lol

So no backup camera needed?

ok,

But still, I want one!

Just go with the one pioneer sells. I have installed a few with no problems and they work well.

Hey Sen, text me man.

Just go with the one pioneer sells. I have installed a few with no problems and they work well.

Ok good idea.

Hey Sen, text me man.

Will do bro, phone has been absent since Friday night, a new one should be here tomarrow lol

:mrspam: Edited by Aaron Clinton
nope

that was a hella of a spam, he even pm'd me.

LOL ... Maybe not then

But the cams he posted pics of is what got me to thinking it was spam ...

Isn't the backup camera integrated in the dashboard?

Maybe you also need an car dash camera :))

There are many types of car camera, the dual-lens car cameras can record interior and exterior of the vehicle at the same time. some comes with LCD display and some support connection to external displays.

I use mine in my Tundra All the time. Even before the tint too. Comes in real handy out here in AZ where every parking spot is designed for a Prius not a pickup.

J

I'm on the hunt for one too. So I'm tuned into this lol. 

Also. I'm considering putting mine on a 12v switch rather wired to the "reverse light" I'm not sure why, but I just like the idea. 

As I'm typing this, there's a massive skar ad next to the text box. Funny...

I have one on the ML and it has only two uses IMO. It is absolutely awesome for connecting a trailer and is nice to double check that you aren't backing over something a child may have left in your path. Child could be my wife, the UPS man or even worse be my 4 year old running around.

Senchez,

I have one coming in from DX soon for the tiny blueberry. You should wait until I get this installed to see if it's worth it or not. It was only like 25 bucks.