Budah93

Apology

I want to apologize to any of you who have tried to help me or if i offended any of you in anyway. I hate being wrong and was being bone headed because of it. Could you guys forgive me? I realize you guys know infinitely more about this kind of stuff than I do and instead of arguing with you guys I need to listen and learn so someday i can be in your shoes. so once again i'm sorry guys

No worries man, there are plenty of very smart people on SSA. If you are willing to learn and stick around, you'll definitely gain some audio knowledge.

Wow, I really took you for another arrogant random at first. But its good to see you were able to look from the outside in, vs the opposite. Your alright with me, and I'm sure with everybody else as well. In the future, just try to figure out why some people say what they say, do a little research and see what they've said in the past. That way you can validate or reason with their opinions. Myself, am an very open minded person, so I hardly down anyone the first time. Just gotta keep an open mind when discusing this hobby since it can be done in so many ways.

Just keep :dj: man :)

thanks guys. I thought i knew a lot about car audio (which I do for my area but that's not saying much) but you guys know so much its crazy! And with me about to redo my build I'm gonna need help and from what you guys are saying people in my area don't know to much haha

I have been teaching high school for 17 years and I can tell you that an apology is a rare thing indeed, way to man up! There is hope for you yet.

haha i don't think that would work out to well!

Anyway no that we are on good terms. What would be a good box for sa-15's. I've found a new love in low bass so that's how i want to build it and i'm gonna build a good front stage for the highs

Anyway no that we are on good terms. What would be a good box for sa-15's. I've found a new love in low bass so that's how i want to build it and i'm gonna build a good front stage for the highs

2 SA-15s?

Sundown recommends 3 - 4 cuft each for ported, 6ft^3 on the lower end, or 8ft^3 on the higher end.

From the previous dimensions, it sounds like you can easily do 8ft^3, and personally I'd tune to 35hz to keep it at/above the Fs.

What amp are you using? Then I can better gauge how much port area you should shoot for.

the box i have now is just under 7 cubes and at 35 hz and picks up lows pretty well i just want more. I've seen other sa15s slam the lows. As for my amp i'm currently running a hifonics hfi1500.1 :( upgrade is coming soon because i hate this amp. probably gonna ground around 1700-2000 rms thinking maybe an aq 2200 or a skar 1500. Any other suggestions??

Im not sure how you come up with: "seeing other sa15s slam the lows." You don't see sound. Youtube videos don't mean shit. Lows is relative.

Im not sure that that skars amp would be an upgrade to what you already have. I also wouldn't bank too much on increasing output by means of a bigger amp, not to say a bigger amp wont help, but don't be dissapointed if you almost double the "rms power" from one amp to another, and you barely notice a difference.

Im not home, so I can't model anything, but your Probably looking around 80in^2 of port area.

I personally would invest into better drivers, not that those SAs are weak, because their not. I was thinking sell those, and get two Icons! then like, a BC3500 :P

Just wondering, what is your budget sir?

I've personally seen sa15s slam lows. at car audio shows not spl comps

I've personally seen sa15s slam lows. at car audio shows not spl comps

Are we talking The Rock's "Rock Bottom" slam, or Kane's "Choke Slam" slam? I just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

no quite as hard as a choke slam but harder than the rock bottom. they were quite a bit better than mine. It will be awhile before i do the box anyway. I wanna get my electrical system beefed up get rid of this crappy hifonics amp and then do some sound deadener and then i will talk about doing a new box and subs

I'm not sure I'd convince myself that that HiPhonics amp is crappy. A lot of guys on this forum use and like them, and for the price, seem to be well designed and built.

I'm not sure I'd convince myself that that HiPhonics amp is crappy. A lot of guys on this forum use and like them, and for the price, seem to be well designed and built.

On this forum?

Are you sure?

the hifonics brutus isn't that bad from what i've read but the hfi which is what i have is not a good amp at all. I just got it really cheap and i was in desperate need of an amp

Get a better amp if you have money to spend ! but the one you have should do the job.

Maybe you expect too much from your subs ? Your box seems to be within manufacturer specs.

Save some more money, and upgrade your subs to Xcons, or Z (to keep it Sundown if you want).

i've heard the same subs in similar box the only difference was he is running a sundown 1200d and i'm running the hifonics. similar vehicles as well

i've heard the same subs in similar box the only difference was he is running a sundown 1200d and i'm running the hifonics. similar vehicles as well

And I've heard a Fi BL on a saz-1500d, then switched the amp to a sony xplod amp, and the sony was almost just as loud as the sundown. Must be something to do with sound being on a logarithmic scale. :peepwall:

A lot of what type of sound you hear isn't based on the subs or the box, but A LOT of it has to do with the vehicle. And what it will reproduce.

Especially with an SUV, the rear hatch and roof will determine what you can play.

He has a 1998 blazer and I have 1998 jimmy so how would they be any different acoustically? I'm fairly content with my subs now so a new box is mandatory just when i do build a new one i want a little more lows to pick up