Budah93

Apology

why is hifonics so hard to spell for so many people... not only here but on my facebook. its an epidemic

why is hifonics so hard to spell for so many people... not only here but on my facebook. its an epidemic

I see it everywhere haha it's really not that hard to spell

He has a 1998 blazer and I have 1998 jimmy so how would they be any different acoustically? I'm fairly content with my subs now so a new box is mandatory just when i do build a new one i want a little more lows to pick up

He could have sound deadener on the roof and hatch, that alone would change it.

He didn't have anything. Like everything but the audio was stock

He has a 1998 blazer and I have 1998 jimmy so how would they be any different acoustically? I'm fairly content with my subs now so a new box is mandatory just when i do build a new one i want a little more lows to pick up

He could have sound deadener on the roof and hatch, that alone would change it.

I wouldn't try and argue with this guy drew lol :Doh:

i'm not arguing i'm explaining the situation as to why his would pick up lows better than mine when the only difference was the box

Hey quick question can you guys tell me what my box is tuned too? I'll get you all the dimensions in a second. I just wanna make sure what the guy told me is accurate. and I can get the torres calculator to download that's why i'm asking you guys haha

Dimensions are:

3/4" wood

36.25 width

16 3/4 high

24 deep

Slot Port

6 wide

15 high

13.75 deep to the L

I found one i think works. it says i'm tuned at 38 but after port say's i'm only netting like 5 cubes for my sundowns. so should i invest in a new box or is this one good? i don't want to choke them

i'm not arguing i'm explaining the situation as to why his would pick up lows better than mine when the only difference was the box

Well the box is more important than the sub so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Dimensions are:

3/4" wood

36.25 width

16 3/4 high

24 deep

Slot Port

6 wide

15 high

13.75 deep to the L

Your dimensions are not logical.

You say ex height is 16.75" but internal height is 15"... that's impossible for 34" wood.

Depth- first you say 24" deep but your port only goes back 13.75" "to the L".

For one, if there is an L, we need the REST of the port length.. 2nd, that's also impossible as well..

If the port is 6" wide, then internal depth is 22.5" that means port length by itself would be 16.5" or 17.25" if you count the baffle.

So, your dimensions are void of calculation.

If there is 3/4" on top of the port and 3/4 inch on the bottom. i was off 1/4". also i thought the the L was where the port wall ended.

i've heard the same subs in similar box the only difference was he is running a sundown 1200d and i'm running the hifonics. similar vehicles as well

And I've heard a Fi BL on a saz-1500d, then switched the amp to a sony xplod amp, and the sony was almost just as loud as the sundown. Must be something to do with sound being on a logarithmic scale. peepwall.gif

Your big words confound me. ;)