Sign in to follow this  
angelme261

12" Icon questions

I'm considering purchasing a 12" Icon. I'm currently running two 12" Infinity subs with a Kenwood amp (KAC-9105d 900w rms x 2ohms) and need to know if it has enough power to make this Icon sound decent? I want to upgrade amplifiers but don't have the money for everything right now. I would run this single Icon in a sealed enclosure (I'm not a big fan of "boomy" ported enclosures) and would like for it to hit hard on bass drums, accurately reproduce bass guitar, and respond well to industrial and electronic dance music *I know, I'm asking for the moon* the occasional drum and bass ect. . . all being able to be heard going down the freeway with all the windows open. So, loud I guess? I could buy another Kenwood in the future since these are strappable amps going up to 1800w rms x 2ohms but it wasn't currently in the budget. Thanks for your time.

Edited by angelme261

900 is plenty of power, I'm sure that you will be happy with the ICON.

Ported enclosures have the misconception that they are "Boomy", but when designed properly they can have the same sound of a sealed*** enclosure white being up to 2x louder.

Sorry, edited to "sealed" from "ported"

Edited by bassahaulic

Ported enclosures have the misconception that they are "Boomy", but when designed properly they can have the same sound of a ported enclosure white being up to 2x louder.

Agreed

I've got one for sale in the classifieds section.