Tirefryr

Just installed Opera Browser.

Any hints or tips on speeding things up or any settings to modify?

have a LOT of RAM... my opera slows my comp down because it keeps sucking up my virtual memory. RAM is your friend

go to your preferences,

click the advanced tab,

lower your Typed and Visited addresses to the minimum you need, then do the same for lowering the cache,

Opera is a great browser, you just need to play with it for a while to get used to it and how to adjust it to your liking, I occasionally have to close it out and restart the program to deal with the resources problem that flakko mentions

512MB and no problems so far. I clear everything once a day,so I shouldn't have any problems with temp files occupying too much or anything of that nature.

i've never had any recurring problems with opera except getting certain pages to load correctly.

i do hate that i can't click a drop down menu, hit the letter of the word i want, and hit enter to select it. I still can't get rid of tha little IE habit

I get more problems with safari than anything.

Especially on ca.com. Sometimes it only loads 1/2 of the posts and looks really jacked up.

only issue I have with Opera as of now is that it is not completly compatble with Windows Live Beta yet

As long as you clear cache often you shouldn't have too many problems. There are some sites the CSS doesn't match up and tables don't line up correctly.

I have been running opera on the home/work laptop for months now. NEVER have had a problem. I didnt even mod any of the settings. Almost as fast as my mac (and the mac is directly connected to the hub, the LT is on wireless)

I run safari on the mac and have NEVER had a problem. Safari IMO is the fastest thing for my mac...everything else if sloooooow.

I run IE on my personal laptop(winMLS and TL RTA laptop) I hate it...but it will do as little as I get on the net with that system.

I have no hate twords FF, I just havent used it nor plan to.