So im finally ordering my dream system for my 2003 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab,

Its gonna consist of 2 15" d1 SSA Icons in a box approx 8cubic feet tuned around 28hz (will be getting someone on the forum to design it.

a Crescendo BC2000D, and a Kicker KX600.4 for my Hertz Hsk components, I know I need some upgraded electrical, so far Big 3 Is done in 0 guage.

My truck can fit a group 27 battery but not 31 :( will the D2700 be adequate? alternator is stock 136 amp. Might end up getting Singer 250a but budget isnt quite ready to fork out that kinda cash. Basically I will be running around 2000 rms after rise and having speakers at 4 ohm. Is this way underkill or will it maybe be enough for now? It will be my DD with occasional demo and cranking it occasionally.

Will be ordering this from SSA Tomorrow if I get some good answers.

Thanks

You should be okay, if not lower the gain a bit until you do more upgrades.

Thanks for the reply,

Thats what I figured, just never ran that much power before and dont know how the XS Power batteries are other than the happy customers/ good ratings on forums,

Ya if I get bad voltage drop ill just take it easy. Would singer be one of the best options for an H/O alternator? Got a quote for almost 500 shipped to Canada. Seems a little high but does have lifetime warranty

Thanks, Ricksi30 you've been a huge help on my last question too, ill make sure I get a BL started when I get all my stuff.

It'l be worth the wait though.

No problem, I don't have any first hand experience with Singer but I've only heard good things. 500 shipped to Canada sounds reasonable. It is definitely worth the wait, and I'll be looking forward to your build log.

Keeping the gains down I think you'll be ok. Still have drop into the mids to low 12s though. I would highly suggest a minimum of two runs of OFC. Good shit too, not undersized crap :)

Ok so would I want to buy dual terminals for the amp if I went that route?? I was planning one run of positive and one run of negative 0 guage in KNUKONCEPTZ straight from battery and then a run of 4 guage KNU wire for speaker amp. Its the cheaper Knu the flex not the kolossus. Ive used the 4 guage kits and they are very nice for the price but would two runs of OFC really help enough to justify the extra 150+ dollars? Ive stretched the budget a lot but if itl make a big difference its worth it.

Thanks

Ok so would I want to buy dual terminals for the amp if I went that route?? I was planning one run of positive and one run of negative 0 guage in KNUKONCEPTZ straight from battery and then a run of 4 guage KNU wire for speaker amp. Its the cheaper Knu the flex not the kolossus. Ive used the 4 guage kits and they are very nice for the price but would two runs of OFC really help enough to justify the extra 150+ dollars? Ive stretched the budget a lot but if itl make a big difference its worth it.

Thanks

No one is plenty for 2k in my opinion.

But I would recommend OFC.

Ok ya I doubt Id come close to 2k ever with rise etc. k so one run of OFC, Knu or XS power? ill be getting around 20' so price is pretty close between the two. And is the Extra run of negative 0guage from the Battery worth the money or with big 3 done Is it negligible?

Ok ya I doubt Id come close to 2k ever with rise etc. k so one run of OFC, Knu or XS power? ill be getting around 20' so price is pretty close between the two. And is the Extra run of negative 0guage from the Battery worth the money or with big 3 done Is it negligible?

I've always used Knu but I'm sure XS is comparable. I have several grounds throughout my car, but it isn't necessary. It definitely won't hurt

There is nothing wrong with CCA, I use it as do many many guys running big power.

Ok that makes more sense. Ya ill see price difference is so much more. Will be going with either knu ofc or cca with one run positive then one negative then just normal 4 guage kjt for speaker amp. If anyone has any info or opinions on cca vs ofc if its worth the money that would be great meanwhile ill do a seach. I mean i know copper is a better conductor for sure but are we talking 5% more power or 30%? For twice the price would b nice to get 50% more current at least but i doubt it.