lrod2344

BC2000D doa?

I finally got my bc2000d in and was so excited. I replaced my Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp using all 0 guage wiring new XS Power in the back, stock alternator. Everything was gravy with the Fosgate. The new Crscendo diD NOT impress me at all.... Actually it was VERY lackluster, sounded like crap.... No bass , no power at all.... Sounded like a 300 watt amp compared to the Fosgate. First thing i noticed was the bass knob wasnt working. And the amp clipped every so often. The gain is barely at 1/4 and the bass boost, subsonic were off or at the lowest setting. Lpf set at around 80hz. Still sounded like garbage even without the remote knob Called crescendo and they shipped me a new bass knob. So i put the Fosgate back in. 2 days later got the new bass knob and again went through the steps of testing the amp. Same deal....crap. I feel the amp is doa but to be sure took both amps to a local shop and they tested both for me. I was told that the Fosgate is exactly where it should be (38 vac at the terminals) and the crescendo was not (around 10 - 13 vac at the terminals when it should be 47 or 48). The shop tech told me that the amp is essentially putting out around 200 watts at 1 ohm and the Fosgate is putting out around 1900 watts. So I am sending the bc2000d back to crescendo. Has anyone ever had a doa from Crescendo or am i the only one? Im so upset as i had great expectations from this amp.

Edited by lrod2344

Just an FYI. I have a 2008 Infiniti with stock head unit running to an Audio Control LC6i to a Rockford Fosgate t400-4 for seperates and t1500-1bdcp pushing a DC XL 12 dual 2ohm wired in parallel housed in a custom 2 cube ported box @ 38 hz. All 0 guage with XS Power batt in the back. Voltage is 14.5 consistent never going below 14.1 at full whack. All level matched by local shop using SMD DD1??? I think thats it.

well..that just made me not wanna buy that amp now for my 18" IA DP...

Just an FYI. I have a 2008 Infiniti with stock head unit running to an Audio Control LC6i to a Rockford Fosgate t400-4 for seperates and t1500-1bdcp pushing a DC XL 12 dual 2ohm wired in parallel housed in a custom 2 cube ported box @ 38 hz. All 0 guage with XS Power batt in the back. Voltage is 14.5 consistent never going below 14.1 at full whack. All level matched by local shop using SMD DD1??? I think thats it.

unfortunately shyt happens even with the best brands... I know you will be taken care of by them as they have great customer service... Don't worry ...

well..that just made me not wanna buy that amp now for my 18" IA DP...

I wouldn't judge them off of this.... Like I said shyt happens and it could've been a fluke or something that happened during shipping... But they are pretty great amps... Got a bc3500 powering my xcon... its pretty flawless.!

I agree... Shyt does happen.... BUT WHY TO ME!!??.. Haha.... Anyway sent the amp on its way via UPS but before that i did a test of my own using some resources i found (MTX and JL Audio) on using a DMM and a 50hz test tone to test the gains and indeed i found for myself that the amp was NOT putting out the right voltage from the speaker terminals at zeroed out settings and gain on lowest setting.... I gotta tell you the amp was beefy as hell and those 0guage terminals were pretty sweet... I really hope to get it back soon.... Or im going to buy a Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp and sell the BC2000D.

Both are very good quality amps. Sometimes things happen. I would wait and get the Crescendo back in before dropping the coin on the RF.

I have a BC2K and I love it...so I say hold out a little longer. Navid and Jon will do you good.

All level matched by local shop using SMD DD1???

I would never step foot in that shop again.

I do find it quite amusing how time as progressed after initial release of the DD-1, how many users are killing their equipment, believing it was not possible soley because it was set with said device, as if this device was the end all protection system or soemthing.

x2 Never know what they could have done. I have heard stories of people having stuff broken by shops and call the Sundown amp a pos crappy no name brand. (one example)

I have a BC2K and I love it...so I say hold out a little longer. Navid and Jon will do you good.

Navid is a good guy. Sorry to hear your amp had an issue. I've ran multiple Bass Clef series amplifiers since their first presale and still going strong. (never been in protect once). Oh what do you mean your amp was clipping? How could you tell, just wondering.

you would never hear a noticeable difference between 1500w and 2000w. IMO that RF 1500 > the Crescendo.

you would never hear a noticeable difference between 1500w and 2000w. IMO that RF 1500 > the Crescendo.

If your box is tuned to ~30hz. Otherwise the SSF on the Rockford is useless.

Wow, that is REALLY sad. Wonder what shop it is.

If your box is tuned to ~30hz. Otherwise the SSF on the Rockford is useless.

an Inline SSF is fairly cheap ;).

Biggest problem with a DD1 is people do not understand how to use it honestly. I have one that was given to me as a gift from a customer and I tried it on my sub amp. After going through all the steps the gain ended back up exactly where I had set it by ear, LOL. I could not use it on my mids and highs amp because it would overpower them and I would blow shit up. 300watts rms >160 watt tweeters lol.

Thats the biggest issue. If you have a xxxx watt amp you cannot use it to set the gain on something that cannot handle that many watts. By ear in real time is just more reliable I think.

Good luck to the OP

I agree you SHOULD never hear a noticable difference bewteen the 2.... but this was night and day. I mean you could HEAR the difference...BIG time..... As for all the comments about the shop and DD1... I also have heard stories told of DD1s messing equipment up.... as for local shops messing up stuff what can I say it is what it is.... the shop is a respectable shop here and they do alot of local competition stuff so I trust them.... thats not to say they CANT mess something up.... however I did the install myslef originally with the RFs .... I only took my car to the shop to have the levels professionally matched as i dont have the equipment and only did it by ear... by the way the levels were ALMOST perfect by me and the Fosgates only needed a slight adjustment.... the problem with the Crescendo was out of the box and after numerous attempts and even called Crescendo about it and tried everything they suggested nothing worked... I took the car and both amps back to the shop where they took the RF out and put in the Crescendo and they heard the difference and then benched both amps. Thats when they found the Crescendo was not putting out the expected voltage through the speaker terminals. That all was not free either. Anywho I sent the amp back to Crescendo and Im waiting on the result of their own tests. Fingers Crossed.

Why would you switch from such a well built amp with so much revolutionary desgins in it, for a off the shelf hunk of shit?

The RF will put cleaner power to that sub without a single doubt in my mind, and since it is CP, will probably produce more power then the Nendo.

We have 3 2500bdCP's in our truck, we clamped them all @1ohm. Rise to 2.7Ohm dropping to 9.2v! and STILL made 2281w. Re did test with charged batts, dropping to 12.6 made over 2800w.

Why would you switch from such a well built amp with so much revolutionary desgins in it, for a off the shelf hunk of shit?

The RF will put cleaner power to that sub without a single doubt in my mind, and since it is CP, will probably produce more power then the Nendo.

We have 3 2500bdCP's in our truck, we clamped them all @1ohm. Rise to 2.7Ohm dropping to 9.2v! and STILL made 2281w. Re did test with charged batts, dropping to 12.6 made over 2800w.

I agree..... hopefully I will get some good news though.

Edited by lrod2344

Well.... I got an email from Navid and they have apparently given the amp a clean bill of health.... "100% functional" is what Im told.... I'm not convinced.... either that amp is shot or EVERYONE who has bought one did not have another amp to compare it to because like bassahaulic said and I ALREADY found out for myself is that this my 1500 Watt Rockford Fosgate absolutely SHITS ALL OVER the Nendo.... and trust me when I tell you ... I may not be a pro installer but Ive been doing this for a good number of years and .... its not like the RF is just a little better souunding or puts out somewhat more power.... it is a NO CONTEST.... I mean night and day here..... did I REALLY expect miracles from a 379.00 amp? Well...YES I DID!!!! What a let down. I mean I'll give the Nendo ONE MORE shot when it gets home but if it doesnt perform then the amps NEXT stop is Craigslist.... I see a RF T2500-1BDCP in MY near future.

I agree... Shyt does happen.... BUT WHY TO ME!!??.. Haha.... Anyway sent the amp on its way via UPS but before that i did a test of my own using some resources i found (MTX and JL Audio) on using a DMM and a 50hz test tone to test the gains and indeed i found for myself that the amp was NOT putting out the right voltage from the speaker terminals at zeroed out settings and gain on lowest setting.... I gotta tell you the amp was beefy as hell and those 0guage terminals were pretty sweet... I really hope to get it back soon.... Or im going to buy a Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp and sell the BC2000D.

Sorry i know i don't have many posts on here....i usually just lurk around

Did no one see the flaw here.....How are you supposed to get a "right" voltage on a test tone with the LPF and gain at min?

Doesn't make sense, with gain all the way down almost any amp will make no power as it would need a stupid high input voltage to compensate at that level. That is not the Gain 'Zeroed out'

Then at the same time, amp trying to make any power on a 50hz tone with the low pass set to 35hz....

Edited by adas

Sorry i know i don't have many posts on here....i usually just lurk around

Did no one see the flaw here.....How are you supposed to get a "right" voltage on a test tone with the LPF and gain at min?

Doesn't make sense, with gain all the way down almost any amp will make no power as it would need a stupid high input voltage to compensate at that level. That is not the Gain 'Zeroed out'

Then at the same time, amp trying to make any power on a 50hz tone with the low pass set to 35hz....

After reading your post I did a little more research and indeed you are right. The method that I mentioned was level matching... however that still does not change anything .... the Nendo still sounds like crap however you slice it.... in my book the Rockford Fosgate wins and the gain is just BARELY over 1/4. Thanks everyone for the comments and input.