Sign in to follow this  
Budah93

which is better?

I have a hifonics hfi1500d in my suv right now. I traded a few things and I got a hifonics bre 16001.d I was wondering which one is a better amp to use on my sundowns.

I have a hifonics hfi1500d in my suv right now. I traded a few things and I got a hifonics bre 16001.d I was wondering which one is a better amp to use on my sundowns.

They both have to much power for a daily driver.

The hifi line is notoriously bad. The bre should be more reliable.

Lawl...and why is that?

Lawl...and why is that?

If he dont set the gain and filters right 1600 for a 1200rms subs total it to much. why does everybody think they can over power their subs?

Lawl...and why is that?

If he dont set the gain and filters right 1600 for a 1200rms subs total it to much. why does everybody think they can over power their subs?

If he doesn't set his gain correctly on a 1200 watt amp he will blow them too.

i wont over gain them or anything. I was just wondering which one is more reliable basically and seeing as the brutus elite is rated watts and hfi isn't i was probably going to go with them brutus

i wont over gain them or anything. I was just wondering which one is more reliable basically and seeing as the brutus elite is rated watts and hfi isn't i was probably going to go with them brutus

Just dont over power them because of you tube .

The influence that youtube has had on car audio is horrifying.

Because they can? If his subs can handle the power and his electrical setup can provide the power then there is nothing wrong with running more power than...whatever random number you wanna pick.

Hey...I learned how install an amp on youtube. I learned what the Big 3 is, I learned how to install a head unit...all kinds of things I'm probably forgetting.

You have to look in the right places. I'd still be rocking my Duals & my Lanzar amp if not for youtube lol

How was youtube brought into the question? I don't look up subs on youtube because you can't hear how they sound. an extra 400 watts when tuned right isn't going to overly hurt the subs.

I agree that youtube can be an extremely useful resource, and can be great to get your name out. But the people that are "youtube famous" for car audio make us all look like idiots.

Because they can? If his subs can handle the power and his electrical setup can provide the power then there is nothing wrong with running more power than...whatever random number you wanna pick.

Hey...I learned how install an amp on youtube. I learned what the Big 3 is, I learned how to install a head unit...all kinds of things I'm probably forgetting.

You have to look in the right places. I'd still be rocking my Duals & my Lanzar amp if not for youtube lol

What sundown recommends for rms power.

As long as the amp isn't sending a clipped signal to your speakers, you're fine. As for the line of amp, stick with the BRE line. I've had friends with the HiFi's...and let's say their luck with them was not so great.

Edited by Ndnkobra