codester

2 15" Icon box ideas in a Dakota

Hi, So I just placed a big order for my dream system off of SSA, consisting of 2 15" SSA Icons, a Crescendo BC2000D, XS2700 and stickers, runlaugh.gif

The subs will be going in a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab, I will be removing two seats in the rear and have dimensions of 22" H, 30" W by 34" deep.

Ill be getting DC to design me a box, just wondering what tuning I should ask for and where to put port if subs are on the top plane? I want something fairly balanced SQ to SPL but more to SQ side definitely. Love hitting the Lows hard and want to push lots of air. (if possible) Mostly looking for tuning recommendations for those subs in a cabin like the Dakotas, and also port placement,

Thanks,

icon are great subs.

Two 15 icon is gonna sick, you are in good hands with DC for the box, he will take care of you with all your questions.

Thats what ive been hearing about the subs! Took me over a year to finally decide on what I wanted to get.

That's good to hear I was hoping he'd actually work with me there. I just got an automated message but I guess thats just to weed out the lookers from the people actually willing to pay. I cant wait, I got some waiting to do for the subs to be built but I'd like to have the box ready for when they come.

This'll be the biggest system I've done so far so i want to get it sounding the best I can. Just need wires and I'm good. Trying to decide what to use, its between 2/0 welding wire and Knu OFC 0 gauge but it really adds up. Its almost triple of just Knu CCA.

Thats what ive been hearing about the subs! Took me over a year to finally decide on what I wanted to get.

That's good to hear I was hoping he'd actually work with me there. I just got an automated message but I guess thats just to weed out the lookers from the people actually willing to pay. I cant wait, I got some waiting to do for the subs to be built but I'd like to have the box ready for when they come.

This'll be the biggest system I've done so far so i want to get it sounding the best I can. Just need wires and I'm good. Trying to decide what to use, its between 2/0 welding wire and Knu OFC 0 gauge but it really adds up. Its almost triple of just Knu CCA.

Yea, the automated message is simply because of the amount of requests we get, it just makes it easier then anything doing it that way. I normally email right back, but it is Amber's(my wife) birthday this weekend so I am a bit...um occupied lol.

Edited by pro-rabbit

I would do subs forward port up. Also you should be able to go much wider than 30in if you removed the rear seats.

Yea, the automated message is simply because of the amount of requests we get, it just makes it easier then anything doing it that way. I normally email right back, but it is Amber's(my wife) birthday this weekend so I am a bit...um occupied lol.

Thanks for the reply, no problem I totally understand, im in no hurry, still got to wait for subs to be built. Whenever you get a chance i'd love to work have your opinion and ideas on the box, wasn't to sure if I just filled out the form and got designs sent or if you work personally with your customers, im very pleasantly surprised, biggrin.png Looking forward to working with you and have a great weekend, hope your wife has a great birthday.

Thanks

I would do subs forward port up. Also you should be able to go much wider than 30in if you removed the rear seats.

Thanks, for the reply, I just read your whole build log earlier today, amazing work, super clean! Ya maybe that would be a better idea than subs up. my build is going to be kind of a smaller version. I'd really like to keep that one seat in the back as my trucks a stick so driving with someone in the middle "usually" sucks. ill be removing the two seats fully though. The reason for subs up is that is the only way I can get the two 15" subs in the 30 Inches is to stagger them. Might have to build a custom small seat and gain a couple inches?

Pics of rear area would help.

Just an update. Got my 2 SSA icon 15" subs today. :) also have received my xs power d2700 and my stickers. Crescendo bc2000d is coming on Tuesday. Wow those subs are sexy. Ryan at ramdesigns is designing the box. Will start a build log as soon as I get the designs.