hispls

Anyone else into some Minotaur amps yet?

Very pretty. Thinking about a few myself

I own a Leviathan III and I love it. I may eventually pick up a minotaur for extra power for the substage. Very cool pic. I'd like to hear more of a review on the amp.

wow, nice thing you got going on there :)

Clean it up a bit,and add a few more!

love those amps and wish I could have 2 of those for my car!

The ZED level of epic-ness is almost too much for me to process. Will return to this topic after my 2nd cup of coffee. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find all of these?

That must be bright at night.....first time I had my Draconia on at night I was like holy shit lol

There's a UFO in the trunk!!

Very pretty. Thinking about a few myself

Run, don't walk. So far I'm very happy. Very efficient and good sounding.

I own a Leviathan III and I love it. I may eventually pick up a minotaur for extra power for the substage. Very cool pic. I'd like to hear more of a review on the amp.

Haven't done really enough testing. Will update here as I go. Initial impressions, I'm really pleased. Ordered another one the other day just to have a spare (and because I may do 5 subs at some point)

wow, nice thing you got going on there smile.png

Clean it up a bit,and add a few more!

"clean it up" isn't my long suit. Will post some pictures of what the cargo area looks like loaded. Really I don't keep the same box or layout for more than a month or two, so I never really bother to make things too pretty.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find all of these?

www.zedaudiocorp.com

1. Call Stephen

2. Pay monies

3. ??????

4. PROFIT

That must be bright at night.....first time I had my Draconia on at night I was like holy shit lol

Yep. When I first got Leviathan it was BRIGHT. I will suggest a way to make the ZED LED's defeatable (perhaps a jumper). When I first got Leviathan I found it was total UFO at night. Careful planning of install location is key. Pics coming of how I keep this in line.

Prior to this, this was in my cargo area:

DSC02895.jpg

The Crown is a MONSTER, but I was in a cold sweat every time I turned it on. I've had terrible luck with big amps and just knew this was going to be a nasty shipping + repair bill when it let loose.

DSC02898.jpg

Some hardwood flooring scraps from a couple friends and I cobbled together this floor. Sits just on top of the batteries and just barely enough room for the Crown.

DSC02918.jpg

DSC02922.jpg

Was trying to do something big for the last month or so of summer since I had some 15" sigs laying around.

DSC02922.jpg

DSC02925.jpg

DSC02924.jpg

Sadly I originally built these subs for a friend who was going to run them in a big wall with 4K each (we had discussed upping to 8K ea) so I built them very stiff. Also dual 1.4 ohm coils has the Minotaurs seeing 4ohm + 98% of their useable bandwidth.

On the bright side, each Minotaur into 3 ohm nominal load, it's only about 1.5 dB off of an American Bass 500.1 @ .7 ohm nominal (The JBL developed problems in the input section the day I finished this box). Certainly sounds the same to the ear. I have them fused @ 40A and can't blow a fuse as it sits, so really very efficient for the output I'm getting.

Believe it or not, I'm not really trying to chase numbers right now. I wanted to do a 150 and did that last winter and it sounded like dirt. I'm looking to just be able to play music as long as I like really loud and not have to worry about an amp that's 300$ to ship when I blow it and will burn up 800$ worth of MOSFETs

"

I've been dumping money into bad silicone like a 35 year old stripper the last couple years. In truth for what I've spent repairing big ass surfboard amps in the last 2 years I could have already owned 4 of these and not had to worry about a repair yet.

Edited by hispls

Removing the crown, I had room to add the Audiocontrol EQ and crossover. I had been just crossing over with Leviathan, and I would continue to do so, except that I really didn't want that many Y connectors coming out of the EQ, though I may change my mind on this..

I ended up dumping about 12oz of Starbuck's Sumatra dark roast into Ra a few months ago and it finally crapped out (shockingly besides LED's going out it functioned for a good while before it started having issues). Ra will be back in soon.

I have another Leviathan and Kronos that I may or may not use, but more likely just save in case I ever pick up a second vehicle.

I do plan to reclaim my back seats at the end of next month and probably loose the false floor. I'm considering options to stack all amps and processors and do a different box. Removing the Crown amp should free up 3 cubic feet or so for a larger box, so I'm thinking I can get 3 15's in here and keep my back seat.

Also got some Shocker Neo Sig motors so I'll be doing up some 15's with very soft suspension and neo motors. They should perform much better on <1000W than these ceramic sigs (so stiff that a single one could hold up to the Crown 6K on music).... the ones in there' definitely are NOT optimum for 1000W or music.

I was just giving you crap, I know where you got them, just joking about there are other places that sell ZED. ;) ;) Jealous of the big JBL, nice work on the enclosure.

That's a great statement about the ZED reliability.

Removing the crown, I had room to add the Audiocontrol EQ and crossover. I had been just crossing over with Leviathan, and I would continue to do so, except that I really didn't want that many Y connectors coming out of the EQ, though I may change my mind on this..

I ended up dumping about 12oz of Starbuck's Sumatra dark roast into Ra a few months ago and it finally crapped out (shockingly besides LED's going out it functioned for a good while before it started having issues). Ra will be back in soon.

I have another Leviathan and Kronos that I may or may not use, but more likely just save in case I ever pick up a second vehicle.

I do plan to reclaim my back seats at the end of next month and probably loose the false floor. I'm considering options to stack all amps and processors and do a different box. Removing the Crown amp should free up 3 cubic feet or so for a larger box, so I'm thinking I can get 3 15's in here and keep my back seat.

Also got some Shocker Neo Sig motors so I'll be doing up some 15's with very soft suspension and neo motors. They should perform much better on <1000W than these ceramic sigs (so stiff that a single one could hold up to the Crown 6K on music).... the ones in there' definitely are NOT optimum for 1000W or music.

I'm definitely gonna wanna hear this...really diggin the fact that you're switching things up and just going for a more musical setup. If you're running 3 15's how are you going to wire them to the 4 amps?

I was just giving you crap, I know where you got them, just joking about there are other places that sell ZED. wink.pngwink.png Jealous of the big JBL, nice work on the enclosure.

I about forgot that Woofersetc and SSA stores sell Zed amps. Talking to Stephen is always good for learning something and a few laughs though... Sometimes I think I buy these just for an excuse to call him up and chat for a bit.

JBL/Crown developed a problem in the input section. Cost me a hair under 300$ just to ship it out for repair..... NOBODY is jelly of that. Crown will be up for sale after it's been repaired. I really enjoyed it, but if Minotaur goes bad I can ship for < 30$ and I know Stephen will take care of me on warranty and even outside warranty it would be a cheaper fix than most of the Korean 3K's

I'm definitely gonna wanna hear this...really diggin the fact that you're switching things up and just going for a more musical setup. If you're running 3 15's how are you going to wire them to the 4 amps?

It's pretty musical as it sits now, I'm just looking for more passanger friendly.

Amps strapped, each strapped pair driving 3 coils in series for 4.2 nominal load. With the in/out options on these amps it is VERY easy to slave all to one.

I also ordered another Minotaur yesterday since I now own 5 neo sig motors, so 5 of something may be in my future as well.

:)

I was just giving you crap, I know where you got them, just joking about there are other places that sell ZED. wink.pngwink.png Jealous of the big JBL, nice work on the enclosure.

I about forgot that Woofersetc and SSA stores sell Zed amps. Talking to Stephen is always good for learning something and a few laughs though... Sometimes I think I buy these just for an excuse to call him up and chat for a bit.

JBL/Crown developed a problem in the input section. Cost me a hair under 300$ just to ship it out for repair..... NOBODY is jelly of that. Crown will be up for sale after it's been repaired. I really enjoyed it, but if Minotaur goes bad I can ship for < 30$ and I know Stephen will take care of me on warranty and even outside warranty it would be a cheaper fix than most of the Korean 3K's

It's pretty musical as it sits now, I'm just looking for more passanger friendly.

Amps strapped, each strapped pair driving 3 coils in series for 4.2 nominal load. With the in/out options on these amps it is VERY easy to slave all to one.

I also ordered another Minotaur yesterday since I now own 5 neo sig motors, so 5 of something may be in my future as well.

That's a pretty cool way of wiring it, never thought of that. On an unrelated note, I just finished bracing my roof and my hand is absolutely covered in white silicone. I hope nobody sees it and gets any funny ideas.

Those amps look sweet! I like those eq options. I am an eq whore though lol

I love the sq of my kronos. Aside from the turn on pop, which can be avoided by making sure to switch your ignition off before starting your engine.

I'm interested in something in the 1500-1800 watt range, at 3ohm, and stable at 3ohms so I can add a 3rd 12w6v2. Unfortunately a slave/master strapped pair of Minotaurs won't do the trick. Still open to suggestions.

Ever heard Dick Hyman's Minotaur?