shizzzon

What material can i use in Batt Box to keep them warm?

About ready to start putting batteries in this compartment in my car and need to line the wall with some sort of padding so the batts are not just wedged in there around wood.

I figure I might as well go ahead and get something that can keep this compartment somewhat warm so i can have the edge in better performance during the cold season for when I compete.

So, any thoughts?

For the side walls, i have about 1\4" gap on each side of the batts for reference sake. Front and rear, I have 1 1\8" gap in front and behind batt bank.

I also have room to put something under them as well but if i do , it must be severely thin, like 1\8" thick, no thicker.

Thinsulate.

I picked up some Thinsulate from Phi on here. He was hoardin the shit.. I should call the audio police!

But seriously, anyone know which way this stuff should be facing?

It has 2 sides, one side looks to be some sort of vinyl coating and the other side is packed full of cotton.

I picked up some Thinsulate from Phi on here. He was hoardin the shit.. I should call the audio police!

But seriously, anyone know which way this stuff should be facing?

It has 2 sides, one side looks to be some sort of vinyl coating and the other side is packed full of cotton.

I assume have the vinyl on the outside to have it act as a heat barrier while the cotton holds it in.

How do you mount the insulation in a house? Cotton side out to block out cold, foil side in to retain heat.

J