djtomczak

Sub less system.

With my car falling apart and things being broken I'm done with my 18. I currently have the image dynamics 6.5 component set in the front but they wouldn't sound that good without a subwoofer. I can probably get 3-400 for my 18 and the box. With that budget what can I do in the front to make it sound good and still hit decent without a subwoofer. My amp puts 50x4 at 4 ohms, 100x4 at two ohms and 200x2 at 4 ohms.

Doors deadened?

Don't expect any bass from them, but they may pack a little punch of midbass if installed well enough.

Edited by stefanhinote

Are you against running a sealed 10?

Get a 10"?

And Rick ninja's the shit out of me lol

Edited by An-i-no

Get a 10"?

Haha great minds...

That's on the list, to be included in the budget. Door to plastic door panel is covered by the factory pretty well, just inside the door needs deadened.

Get a 10"?

Literally.

Would one fit in the budget along with fronts and deadened?

That's on the list, to be included in the budget. Door to plastic door panel is covered by the factory pretty well, just inside the door needs deadened.

What about the panel that the driver is mounted on? Does the entire panel have large holes in it?

IE:

door_panel_before.117230629_std.jpg

Edited by stefanhinote

Nope, that is all covered by fords deadener, minus maybe a one inch hole for wires and such. Basically all you see in that picture is covered. I'll see if I can find a picture...

becb9ece52a2c118cb1f784914ed1a63.jpg

a430194ea842dbbda30b3767218afd8e.jpg

Blurry but you get the idea. Except mine doesn't have holes in the deadener like that one does.

sealed 10" xcon?

sealed 10" xcon?

That would take his entire budget.

Well then aside from killing any rattles, and possibly making it quieter, I'm not so sure deadener would drastically improve any midbass, but I would still do it for the first two reasons. :P

Well then aside from killing any rattles, and possibly making it quieter, I'm not so sure deadener would drastically improve any midbass, but I would still do it for the first two reasons. :P

I have no door rattles, just insane roof and hatch rattles. I could skip deadener for now and just go with fronts and a sub then.

I have no door rattles, just insane roof and hatch rattles. I could skip deadener for now and just go with fronts and a sub then.

That would be a good option. When you deaden you will want to do it right, and I don't think that your budget allows for that now.