Devin.Rachac

Found Serious Problem With New Xcon. Now What?

So I installed my new 12" xcon last week and I could not get it to seal up against the baffle. Tried 3 times. Upon taking off the gasket i found the gasket had a tear in the seam and after really looking it over I found the basket is warped/bent in the upper right side. I can't seem to find any sort of tech support for SSA, but I don't wanna try to fix it myself unless I know I can't get it fixed under warranty. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Was there any damage to the package when it arrived? I would imagine a bent frame is shipping damage.

I'm sure Aaron will see this thread soon. But you can also send them a message through the Contact Us link on the website.

Slightly irrelevant question...but how do you know which side is the upper right hand side? The basket is circular, lol

Please email us pictures as this is really the first time I have heard of this for one of our sub woofers, include your order number too (4 digits). This forum is part of tech support, being able to PM the owners right here on the site is part of the tech support, the contact link at the top of the home page: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/, we have FB and twitter too, so many channels available to get in touch with us. Our email that is accessible in a few different places is:

support @ soundsolutionsaudio.com

Slightly irrelevant question...but how do you know which side is the upper right hand side? The basket is circular, lol

I thought the same thing smile.png Figured he was basing it off of the orientation of the logo on the dust cap.

Thanks for the quick replies guy. Just sent an email to that email address aaron.

and yes simply based off of the decal on the dustcap.

The packaging did not look like it was abused too much during shipping. But idk you never know with ups

Edited by Devin.Rachac

Heres the pics so you guys can see.

ssaxconbasket1.jpg

ssaxconbasket2.jpg

holy LORD! Was the box even existent? That looks cray cray!!!

That's insane. Usually the basket would just shatter.

Yep UPS played some kickball with that box.

now that is an ACCOMPLISHMENT that i have been seeking damn UPS beat me to it........ Dont worry SSA will get to the bottom of it. They are a great company that put there customers FIRST!

I think it's pretty funny you kept trying to get a good seal, and couldn't. :lol:

Don't fret though, SSA will take care of you.

Working through emails now. Will get back with you soon.

UPS always tells me "...your box may fall 10 feet to the concrete." and "are you sure you do not want insurance?". I walked out of the store one time. Hope all gets figured out.